Skip navigation

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

Back to the top

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

i just cant bring myself to sell her, so i have an idea that will make you guys flock to me at the shows (i hope). i don't know if it has been done before (if so i would like to see some pictures), but is it going to be hard.
doesn't seem that hard in my head.

basicly i was just going to remove the:
hood
leccy hood frame
rear windows
front leccy windows
weld up all window seams

*had a grand idea,

now doors are to be de handled. and the quarter glass frame removed at the bottom (level with the bonnet level), this piece will be welded to the a pillar. then to get in you open the door from the inside.
have i missed anything?*

Back to the top
just put a big d bar on the boot, stick a doll in it( most floppy toppers have a large collection) and push it around.

Back to the top
do you even bother to read the posts that you comment on? or have you missread it? or have i missunderstood your answer. please explain it to me. and if you could add on the bottom if you are taking the P, just so we all know.  :roll:

Back to the top
Im guessing he read the title and none of the post and is taking the micky or he read the title and the post and is still taking the micky lol.

Buggys are also prams where im guessing the doll comes into it lol, then im guessing with the 'most folppy toppers have a large collection' of dolls he was saying your a nancy and collect dolls…. could also be why you wou want guys to flock to you at shows  :dontknow:  8O  :dontknow:  8O

Thats what i got out of it anyways lol.

Back to the top
Spose i forgot to comment lol, seems like a good idea but could come into a hell of alot of work. Thinking of doing a beetle type of buggy or just whacking out the glass and putting some meatier tyres on it ?

Anyways i've been meaning to open photoshop on a mk1 for a while so il have a chop at it if you like (wont be majorly good though hehe).

Back to the top
take it with a pinch of salt some of us cabby boys are no nancys :wink:

Back to the top
sounds like a golf roadster in the making.

And people keep saying they will fill my cabby up with soil and use it as a plant pot.
Love the cabby/ hard top crack

It dunt fit

Back to the top
well my plans for next year are to lose the hood and rear windows but replace it with a alloy or carbon cover just for the strip days at the pod

hopefully ill be 4wd also should be a fun build :lol:

Back to the top
that sounds a nice, i saw in golf mag somebody was selling a mk1 roadster that was unfinnished looked good tho

It dunt fit

Back to the top
thanks for clearing that up jammy. i'm sure we'll be able to find wooders car at rallies too, it will be the only one with 4 flat tyres :twisted:

so i best get this stuff off it then,

Back to the top

Jimmey said

Im guessing he read the title and none of the post and is taking the micky or he read the title and the post and is still taking the micky lol.

Buggys are also prams where im guessing the doll comes into it lol, then im guessing with the 'most folppy toppers have a large collection' of dolls he was saying your a nancy and collect dolls…. could also be why you wou want guys to flock to you at shows  :dontknow:  8O  :dontknow:  8O

Thats what i got out of it anyways lol.
please don't explain myself to people who do not understand. it is far more of an emotionaly uplifting experience to think of them doing the facial expression of the forehead frown and jaw open and loose trying to figure out wether i'm humourous or like an anagramatic nut with a capitol C.

Back to the top
i

bet you just had a go at pulling that face. you did, didn't you!

Back to the top
i was indeed aready pulling the forehead facial frown, however towards the end when i did realise we were both thinking the same thing, it changed to a look of sypathy. as i realise you only talk in such a jibberish way to get areaction. by getting a reaction, it seems that it would give your otherwise meaningless life a purpose. good luck with getting that sorted. :dontknow:

Back to the top
i was indeed aready pulling the forehead facial frown, however towards the end when i did realise we were both thinking the same thing, it changed to a look of sympathy. as i realise you only talk in such a jibberish way to get areaction. by getting a reaction, it seems that it would give your otherwise meaningless life a purpose. good luck with getting that sorted. :dontknow:

Back to the top
so basically you want to turn your very nice looking cabby into a chopped up version of the original concept.

Back to the top
thanks for the pic, bt i think i can do a better job than that

Back to the top
which is why the cabby now looks the way it does. this was the first concept of the cabby way back when. and VW thought it looked better the way it is now

Back to the top
sounds interesting!

oh and buggys are different to prams!

*EDIT*

I bet that concept's worth an absolute fortune!!! :D

Back to the top
i don't think that is a prototype, it's referred to as the 1982 open air golf, cabriolet prototyping took place in the 1970s - i don't think vw would actually plan on having that for a production car with no doors and just rope! plus it has the later type volkswagen badge and the series 2 gti wheels

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Nice idea summat a little more like this then??

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.