Skip navigation

Ill start here! update 9-9-8

Back to the top

Ill start here! update 9-9-8

Well with edition over and my mind ticking i thought id start taking some pics as i go along!

So todays effort is this, can you tell what it is yet?

Smoked iron cross lamps with xenon conversion!

Opinoins welcome good or bad

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
sorry opinons welcome!

Back to the top
i like em… its like the touch on the mk5 with the VW emblem..

way cool

Back to the top
HMMM got a strobe effect going on when i select the side lams??

Might not be keeping the xenons in for the moment!

Back to the top
Sorted, just need a resistor!

Back to the top
Xenon conversion you say?!?!? I thought it was impossible to get a conversion that was MOT legal. Something to do with the light pattern delivered from the bulb being from an arc instead of a filament and this not being compatible with the optics of a standard headlight lense.

T :dontknow:

Back to the top

All finished  :D

Back to the top

Tian said

Xenon conversion you say?!?!? I thought it was impossible to get a conversion that was MOT legal. Something to do with the light pattern delivered from the bulb being from an arc instead of a filament and this not being compatible with the optics of a standard headlight lense.

T :dontknow:

SHHHHHHH :mrgreen:

The destructions say to lower the beam to account for the beam pattern???

Also to be legal you need to have self levelling and lamp washers!! However early vauxhall omegas fitted with xenons never had either of these?? go figure. :dontknow:

Back to the top
Lowering the beem isn't difficult mate. I can send you instructions on how to do it accurately. As for the washers any tit could route a jet from the windscreen washers.

They do look nice though, just get them lowered so they don't blind oncoming drivers and before the Police stop you and start to snoop around.

T

Back to the top
Already done dude!

Just need to ensure they are kept clean, which is fine and fingers crossed no probs!

Next on list put my splits on, get coilovers, swap seat base foam (have a nice new vw one) remove carpet and refit.

Swap orange lights for some smoked ones, finish building a roof rack swap rear speakers, dam thats going to take me a while! 8O

Back to the top
look good mate,i had those maltese cross lights on my old GTI last year, wish i had kept them before selling it on..

personally tho i dont like the xenon bulbs, too blue, stick with not being able to see much in the dark for me.. lol  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
went up the shops earlier and its very nice to be able to see things!  

No one flashed me so im guessing the bean is ok?

Back to the top
They look the dogs dangies!!  :D  Do they actually light up the road better? they look bright but can you see more is what im saying. A stupid question probably but I am considering doing this as lawsy pointed out do you have to have them so blue?? I dont really need anymore excuses for the 5.0 to pester me I have so much illegal stuff on my car lol But they do look sweeeet love the iron crosses!!! I spotted you have a cabrio!! roof rack ey!! eager antisipation!!!  :D  good luck looks like a nice car!!

Back to the top
Cheers Mate!

The lights are wicked, light up the road like a dream!

The light is more white blue than blue if that makes sense?

Cabby roof rack is underway, going to finish the steel mock up then make it in alloy for light weight or stainless for bling,  :wink: cant decide yet??? Tho as im a lazy sod it will prob be steel powdercoted

Will post pics up as and when

Back to the top
Cool looking forward to it! i might do that Xenon upgrade deelie  :)  looks sweet!! how much you pay for a xenon kit??

Back to the top
LOL I paid ?31 special discount

Back to the top
8O  where from????? thats a bargain with a capital B!! Can you sort me such a sweeeet deal?

Back to the top
LOL sorry ltd to 1 set family works for the importer

Also little update, fitted 2 resistor packs and still getting strobe effect on side lights so now getting the H4-2 kit as a replacement

This is xenon on both main and full beam 8)

Back to the top

funk-star said

LOL sorry ltd to 1 set family works for the importer

Also little update, fitted 2 resistor packs and still getting strobe effect on side lights so now getting the H4-2 kit as a replacement

This is xenon on both main and full beam 8)

What do you mean "strobe effect"?

When I first read that I thought you were talking about the indicators.

As for the Bi-Xenon, that sounds awesome, just in time for winter driving too.

Tian :?

Back to the top
what you put the side lights on the xenon bulb starts to flash like a strobe?

Sometimes it happens for 5 seconds sometime a lot longer

The resistor packs were meant to sort this but the first one stopped the strobe but killed the xenons, the second one did nothing??

Had a moan and they just got a new version in so are going to give me that.

works different as it only pics up feed from one side of the lights and connects direct to the battery with a inbuilt box of tricks. Also has better / improved bulbs.

Ill report back with my findings LOL

There are too many online users to list.