Skip navigation

Just a quick tidy up..........Oops!! (UPDATE 22/06/10)

Back to the top

Just a quick tidy up..........Oops!! (UPDATE 22/06/10)

yeah u could be right but that braied stuff is a bit thick, not sure thats what i'd want under my car, the genuine pipes are a pain in the bum to fit too!!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

volkswarren said

yeah u could be right but that braied stuff is a bit thick, not sure thats what i'd want under my car, the genuine pipes are a pain in the bum to fit too!!

Braided will fit into the original floor mounted clamps but obviousley without the rubbers. If its originalety that you want, as i did, then i agree that solid lines is the way to go. But braided is a milion times easier. If your engine is still in then it will be an even worse job to do than it was for me with a clear bay.

Back to the top
what size pipe have u used?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
lovely job!!!!!

how long is it going to be in the spray shop??

Banner

Back to the top

volkswarren said

This is what i got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8MM-X-7-5MTR-CUPRO-NICKEL-KUNIFER-BRAKE-FUEL-PIPE_W0QQitemZ180426123983QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2a023c2acf

Its exactly the same stuff that CQ sells except it doesnt have the ends flared on. Just clean up and reuse your own and either borrow or buy a flaring tool, they arent expensive.

Back to the top

jellybelly said

lovely job!!!!!

how long is it going to be in the spray shop??

Cheers fella. I reckon 2 - 3 weeks for the shell. The doors, bonnet, tailgate and wings are being done later so that we get proper coverage everywhere. Ive got a bit of work to do to the doors and tailgate anyway. The lads a real fuss pot, which is just what i want. Another mate has already had a car that he painted magazine featured.

Back to the top
yeah got flaring tool,  and bending tool! cheers 4 that.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

daztheoneclaw said

volkswarren said

This is what i got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8MM-X-7-5MTR-CUPRO-NICKEL-KUNIFER-BRAKE-FUEL-PIPE_W0QQitemZ180426123983QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2a023c2acf

Its exactly the same stuff that CQ sells except it doesnt have the ends flared on. Just clean up and reuse your own and either borrow or buy a flaring tool, they arent expensive.

is just 1 pack enough for 1 car?

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

volkswarren said

is just 1 pack enough for 1 car?

Yes. Just! Not much room for error.

Back to the top
We got busy down at the body shop at the weekend. Huge thanks to Dirty Nige, Duck and Chris for all getting stuck in and moving it a few steps closer to primer.

Scuttle down to bare metal and not a drop of rot in sight.

Rear panel after first session with the long block.

Rear arch ready for final sand.

Dirty Nige comes over all shy!!

The great man himself.

Rear quarter ready for final putty application.

Found a tiny hole here so a quick spot up with the welder and a skim of filler.

Hopefully it will see some primer this week.

Back to the top
Looking really good mate, looks like I own your cars twin at the minute, covered in dust, with 2 bottletops and two p slots!

Back to the top
Another few days hard graft by Nige and we have a car thats ready for primer.

Rear panel straight as a die after a late shift by Nige.

Passenger side arch and quarter sorted.

Front panel bare metaled and ready for a skim of filler.

Sunroof channel hole squared away.

Time for the stone chip.

Several hours were then spent masking up. Big thanks to Duck for sticking it out and helping Nige.

Back to the top
Time for some primer :D:D   

Three good coats of primer were left to dry then Nige broke out the JCB yellow spray cans  8O   

A few days for this to harden off and then its wet flat time.

Back to the top

mk1

top work mate ive found the same grot on mine, its a nightmair when you get started. ive noticed youve got two mk1s. and i also noticed you live in co durham (the sedgefeild sign on the weelie bin) im struggleing to find spares for mine as it started out life as a 1.1c and being converted to a 1.8 kr. if you have any mk1 bits for sale would you give me a ring on 07769343694. or if their is anything you need i might have cheers mal newton aycliffe

Back to the top
Nice  :D

Mk1 2.9 Vr6

Back to the top
Great thread - Just reminds me of all the work I've got to do to mine soon……..

'84 Oak Green Tin Top GTI.
'84 T25.
'68 Bay.
'67 Beetle.

Swansea VAGabonz third Monday of the month.

Back to the top

Re: mk1

malmk1 said

top work mate ive found the same grot on mine, its a nightmair when you get started. ive noticed youve got two mk1s. and i also noticed you live in co durham (the sedgefeild sign on the weelie bin) im struggleing to find spares for mine as it started out life as a 1.1c and being converted to a 1.8 kr. if you have any mk1 bits for sale would you give me a ring on 07769343694. or if their is anything you need i might have cheers mal newton aycliffe

Hi Mal, im in Aycliffe too!! Yeah the red car is just a spares car at the moment but itll be going back on the road eventually so im trying not to butcher it too much. Should be getting the black one back in a few weeks. Got a few odds and sods but not much for sale really. Call round anytime for a chat, ill PM you my address of you want.

Back to the top

mal

yeah please do it would be nice to have a chat with anouther mk1 owner and iff you ever need a hand im here to help

Back to the top
Can I join the party too ?? I'm in stockton, Just gathering bits for my cabby at the mo hopefully have it all together for the summer if we get 1 and if I can get it done !!

Back to the top

woody83 said

Can I join the party too ?? I'm in stockton, Just gathering bits for my cabby at the mo hopefully have it all together for the summer if we get 1 and if I can get it done !!

Im up for a meet. Im aiming for a summer completion.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.