Skip navigation

Hello, I want a mk1, please help!

Back to the top

Hello, I want a mk1, please help!

Cheers kenno.
That's an idea, yeah.

Shame the car has already sold. I wish people would update their piston heads adverts. This is the second time I've been interested in a car and they've not bothered to say it's already gone.  :banghead:

Back to the top

Back to the top
Its not the original paintwork - if it was, why did someone peel off the side stripes?

And he's changed a few things to make it look different than the original GTI - CL spoiler, chrome grille.

Otherwise the quick look seems ok, but I've only scanned it.

Back to the top

indeed

as a possible cheap option, what appears to be a fairly blank canvas that you could easily make your own it wouldn't be too bad.
would you want to insure a gti?

Back to the top
Needs more investigating, but as gti's go, it looks straight and well looked after, its a rare thing, a car that needs only minor work to make good. this looks like a few eekends should see it looking something like new. i'll be watching this one…Tom

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Yeah, I have come across this one today.
I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. It seems perfect, to me.
It's obviously not the original paintwork, but at the end of the day, I'll be stripping it to a rolling shell, sorting out the rust and having it resplrayed, so it makes no difference.

I'm definitely interested though. It seems the perfect mk1 to start a project with!!
Although, I could see it going for mega bucks. Just because the photos are pretty…

I'll keep an eye on it and it ends just before I go away, which would be fine.

I'm really really eager to get my mk1 as soon as bloody possible!!

Back to the top
Guess who's riding old schooooool!

:D  8)

Mugly from Edition38 sorted me out with 'Fay'
She's nearly a minter, but needs some work. Pattern wing needs to be scrapped… Few bits of rust. Nothing major.

Here she is in all her wet-look glory!

Back to the top

good show

she looks lovely. im over the moon for you. now your really part of the gang!

Congratulations

Ross

Back to the top
Haha cheers tiddles :]

Well, Fay's my daily drive for the time being. Until I get my Polo back on the road, then Fay's going into hibernation so I can paint it neon green with purple go-faster-stripes. On BBS RSs :/ haha

Only kidding :D

I'm looking for an old school vw gold sort of paint. Maybe a bronze colour???
Anyone have any ideas? I've had a few peeks at some sites, but not really found anything.

I'll probably sort out her stance first though, so I'll probably get rid of the tarantulas, which are absolutely mint condition!!
All the black trim and stuff on them is brand new and they look spiffing, indeed!

Lee & Fay

Back to the top

dedface said

I'll probably sort out her stance first though, so I'll probably get rid of the tarantulas, which are absolutely mint condition!!
looks just dandy as she is.

Back to the top
what about an orange mate? although she looks gorgeous just as she is..

congratultions 8)

Back to the top
hi mate car looks like a good price but iv i were u and wanted to mod my own car i would look 4 somthing more standard cause that gti probs has been ragged by the look of whos had it lol theres one on piston heads with a 1.6 siroco engine in it it looks pretty standard and looked afterx
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.