Skip navigation

Hello, I want a mk1, please help!

Back to the top

photo

Hello, I want a mk1, please help!

Lets just say its not perfect yet, i'll get a pic up here tomorrow for ya. i just got a quad grille and chin spoiler but dont have any pics wit them on yet. (now the embarrassing bit) I'll have to get my girlfriend to do it!

Back to the top
i'd pay the extra as was said before i paid ?900 for mine and have spent a lot since. if your after a tin-top its gonna be at least 25 years old so whatever you pay its gonna need some work.

if i went back in time i would have hunted for a much better condition one and spent the extra gettin a minter. finding certain bits can be a nightmare too so make sure interior and exterior trim are complete as they are obsolete from vw.

whatever condition one you buy its gonna be a mk1 golf so its never gonna be bad!  8)

Back to the top
Yeah, sounds like the best idea.
Wouldn't mind learning how to weld though ;] haha

EBAY!!

Quad lights or just the 2?? ;] haha

Back to the top

Back to the top

it worked!

whey, i cant believe it worked. go me. so thats my mk1. was a twin headlamp when i got it but i personally prefer the quad. i'll post one of it as a single and see what you think.

Back to the top
Yeah man, that looks ace :]
I'm liking it.
And the irons crosses ;] haha

There's a gorgeous mk1 in Septembers PVW! It's beige, full of chrome and on air ride!
Lovely looking thing :]

Very similar to what I want to achieve.

Back to the top
if my buyer doesn't start to get the urge to contact me soon, my one will be up for sale again.

Back to the top
pm me some details! :D

Back to the top

wooders said

if my buyer doesn't start to get the urge to contact me soon, my one will be up for sale again.

Really? With a bargain, I'd be there before the seller changed their mind!

Back to the top
people are funny and not always ha ha.

Back to the top
not too fussed if they change their mind/ignore the situation as i know i can get more for it.

Back to the top

wooders said

not too fussed if they change their mind/ignore the situation as i know i can get more for it.

me too

Back to the top
Looks pretty tidy, going by your avatar

Back to the top
Might have found something…
Though, it's a 1.6

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/636672.htm

Back to the top

dedface said

Might have found something…
Though, it's a 1.6

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/636672.htm

i knew i had seen that car before, it was ballers car off here, he was selling it back in may this year,

here is the link, think he had owned it for the past 10 years, you could maybe messgae him and ask him about any issues with it when he owned it.

Although it looks like the 16v engine has been fitted after it was sold

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40637

Back to the top
need the money for collage
he got that right. it's obviously a non runner. if that's not a problem for you,then it's worth a look. is it localish to you?

Back to the top
It's just under 2 hours drive.
Which isn't too bad really. I've gotta drive long distances to get anywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not entirely sure why it's a non-runner though?
I'm guessing it's just the gear linkages (which I haven't a clue about), the brakes need bleeding and the temp sensor?

I've messaged asking how much it'd cost to get back on the road. If it's not an awful lot, I'd certainly be interested. Body looks pretty sound. I think that sunroof will be the first thing to go though :P

Cheers for the help.

Back to the top

wooders said

need the money for collage
he got that right. it's obviously a non runner. if that's not a problem for you,then it's worth a look. is it localish to you?

Try this ?50 gets a car off the island on the ferry and this seller wants it gone:
http://www.wightbay.com/XCClassifieds/CPViewItem.asp?ID=380718

Its Isle of Wights answer to ebay?

Back to the top
I'm not really feeling soft tops man
Thanks for the help though. Might be worth keeping an eye on that site ;]

Cheers!

Back to the top

dedface said

It's just under 2 hours drive.
Which isn't too bad really. I've gotta drive long distances to get anywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not entirely sure why it's a non-runner though?
I'm guessing it's just the gear linkages (which I haven't a clue about), the brakes need bleeding and the temp sensor?

I've messaged asking how much it'd cost to get back on the road. If it's not an awful lot, I'd certainly be interested. Body looks pretty sound. I think that sunroof will be the first thing to go though :P

Cheers for the help.

You could try messaging the last owner, as he would be able to tell you an awful lot about how intact the shell on the car was, when he was selling it i rang him, and he seemed a top guy, i just got beat to it by the person who bought it.

You could maybe ask people on this site to help with gettin it finished off and running, bens_cab does engine work, and am not sure if paul_c does work on other peoples cars aswell.

Might be worth asking them if they could help and how much they would charge

cheers kenno
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.