Skip navigation

Red Carpet

Back to the top

Red Carpet

ChrisRivage said

The carpet in my clipper looked fantastic, if you want it thicker put under it 'dynamat'….. radio sounded better cut out pretty much all road noise absorbed genral damp in the car was well worth it i would recomend to anyone!! Dynamat! its the way!! In my clipper (i have mentioned this to other mk1 people at meets ect) If you go into any carpet store and pick out a carpet that matches your own or a nice matching colour, you can buy a meter for ?20 go home use rubber matts as a template get some carpet scissors cut em out take em back to the carpet shop and they can bead the adge for ?1 a meter so HEY PRESTO you have custom carpet mats that look awesome!! for just under 25 notes!! I have done it in my rivage!! with cream il get some pictures!!

Not a bad idea that. I was going to get some carpet underlay and use that tbh as Dynamat is on the expensive side but you are right it does work amazingly well.

As for the carpet mats that's a good idea but I was going to fit black carpets to contrast. Might fit a red carpet to the boot though!

T

Back to the top
If you have black mats with a red beading that would look sweet tigh everything in!  :)

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

If you have black mats with a red beading that would look sweet tigh everything in!  :)

We're on the same page mate.

Tian 8)  :y:

Back to the top
I am in the pleminary stages of coveing my dash as well!! after all my carpet mods will let you know how that goes! going for cream!!

Back to the top

Tian said

ChrisRivage said

Well why don't you just buy a red carpet from another golf and put i in yours?? thats what i did and just threw away my old shabby grey one!  8)

You got a red carpet then mate?

I'd love to get an original carpet but a good clean example isn't going to be easy to find.

T

CQ has one in a 5dr, think front will fit dunno bout back half tho

Back to the top
No i use to in my old helious blue clipper!! was well sweet only cost me ?5  :)  looked mint in perfect condition

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

I am in the pleminary stages of coveing my dash as well!! after all my carpet mods will let you know how that goes! going for cream!!
Please tell me in leather and not shag pile Axminster??????? 8O

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
HA! naa na in a beautyful pink fluff! lol no in cream leather getting jiggy with a sewing machine and spray on adhesive!  :D

Back to the top

A5OPY said

ChrisRivage said

Please tell me in leather and not shag pile Axminster??????? 8O

I'm thinking faux fur for the dash of the HOF and shag pile carpet….

Back to the top
Faux fur lol Ha! sweet orange?? that would be pimp with your purple or animal print!! Why don't you go like rally mohair style that would look cool DENIM!!! lol faded denim that is ratlook!

Google Images

Kind of this this!!  :D

Back to the top
Who are newtons please? I want a red carpet for my lhasa tin top. Cheers

Back to the top
Their link is on the right hand side under the advertisers banner (Newton Commercial)… bought a red one from them a couple of years ago, quite good quality, some say not as good as original but I'm very happy with it and easy enough to fit yourself.

Back to the top
:$ left hand side…

Back to the top

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.