Skip navigation

Red Carpet

Back to the top

Red Carpet

Has anyone fitted a red carpet to their Golf? I need a new one and have been thinking about doing it.

Thing is I'm worried it'll look like a tarts handbag. Or it could look really cool, I've just got some new seats with a red herringbone and what with the red roof it might look brilliant.

What do you guys think?

T

Back to the top
do it! as long as its a classy red and not a bright scarlet you should be ok.

if it dunt work out you could always start dressing like this:

Back to the top
If you'd met me you'd know why that just made me laugh quite so much.

T :lol:

Back to the top
do you already dress like that?  8O

*EDIT*

If i remember rightly you live in the croydon area dont you? no supprise you dress like that then!  :wink:

Back to the top

bigdave said

do you already dress like that?  8O

*EDIT*

If i remember rightly you live in the croydon area dont you? no supprise you dress like that then!  :wink:

:oops:

No on both counts but if I dd I'd look like that, if you know what I mean.=

T :wink:

Back to the top
seen a mk1 rocco a little while back had red seats, door cards and carpet and looked soooo cool!! do it!

Back to the top
A nice deep maroon would look good……..

(bearing in mind that I cant see any posted photos/pictures cause I'm at work)….

Something that Snoop Dogg would have in one of his cars!!!!

Dan

Back to the top
Get it to match your roof, would look  8)

If you do that outfit is a must :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
Tian, so when did you do the modelling shot for that costume..

Red carpet all the way mate, CQ has a tintop in with a red interior, well ist all red, carpet, seats and car.. looks cool..

I'd go for it mate, with your motor as it is now it would defo look good..

Interested to see the seats

Back to the top
I had red carpet well scarlet in my old clipper it looked well smart!! cleaned up really well I have a picture was sad to see it go as well!! I want it back!

Back to the top

Re: Red Carpet

Tian said

Has anyone fitted a red carpet to their Golf? I need a new one and have been thinking about doing it.

Thing is I'm worried it'll look like a tarts handbag. Or it could look really cool, I've just got some new seats with a red herringbone and what with the red roof it might look brilliant.

What do you guys think?

T

Saw your Car at Billing Tian , looked very nice . Look at those MK1's with a red grill and trim   :mrgreen: Imagine yours with red carpet and roof .

Just remember to wear slippers while driving .

Back to the top
nice bit of shaggpile in there?!?

Back to the top
I've got my sample through and the colour looks good. One thing I would say though is that the quality isn't that great as the pile is on the thin side, no way near as good as the original.

I might start a resto thread and stick some pics up for you.

T

Back to the top
Well why don't you just buy a red carpet from another golf and put i in yours?? thats what i did and just threw away my old shabby grey one!  8)

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

Well why don't you just buy a red carpet from another golf and put i in yours?? thats what i did and just threw away my old shabby grey one!  8)

You got a red carpet then mate?

I'd love to get an original carpet but a good clean example isn't going to be easy to find.

T

Back to the top
Yeah i posted a picture! It was in my old clipper

I have other picture if u want em!! but it did look awesome i picked it up for only ?5 - ?10 off a guy who breaking a white cabriolet. I had the same interior that you have bought.

Back to the top
Nice one mate, it looks great. Glad to see VW think it works with those seats too!

Back to the top
I fitted a new one from Newtons and your right they are a little on the thin side but a piece of cake to fit only took about 40 mins to remove old one and about the same time to fit new on they are made to fit spot on and they do just wish they where a thick as originals but when you think of it you always put good quality mats in any way.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

I fitted a new one from Newtons and your right they are a little on the thin side but a piece of cake to fit only took about 40 mins to remove old one and about the same time to fit new on they are made to fit spot on and they do just wish they where a thick as originals but when you think of it you always put good quality mats in any way.

Yes you're right about the mats thing! It is a shame though but there's no other alternative as replacing with a second-hand carpet will probably see you with one only marginally better that the one you already have.

I'm gonna give Newton a ring in the morning, apparently there's a minimum two week lead time on the carpet.

Back to the top
The carpet in my clipper looked fantastic, if you want it thicker put under it 'dynamat'….. radio sounded better cut out pretty much all road noise absorbed genral damp in the car was well worth it i would recomend to anyone!! Dynamat! its the way!! In my clipper (i have mentioned this to other mk1 people at meets ect) If you go into any carpet store and pick out a carpet that matches your own or a nice matching colour, you can buy a meter for ?20 go home use rubber matts as a template get some carpet scissors cut em out take em back to the carpet shop and they can bead the adge for ?1 a meter so HEY PRESTO you have custom carpet mats that look awesome!! for just under 25 notes!! I have done it in my rivage!! with cream il get some pictures!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.