Skip navigation

My Rivage new grille and other stuff page 4

Back to the top

My Rivage new grille and other stuff page 4

Also got a new polished petrol cap had to completly refit my filler neck just so it to sit flush did have it on the car but 2 days driving already going rusty lol untreated ally what can you do?? (put it on in summer lol)
So an hour polishing like a mirror!!!

And then Rivage: my new home made dash vents. Also mirror polished!!!  :D

Comments also got a new speedo cable cus my speedo it dodgy and some 280mm g60 brakes but will waittill summer far to cold also got a short shifting kit! and mu alloys have been ball polished so will look super clean!

Back to the top
Okies I debaged my grille 'home made' did it my self only one like it what do you think???

Also removed my fag lighter and put in a switch which is my 'bass' switch  :D  Gave my head unit a lick of matt paint also

Also my new door handles!!

And finally sorted my carpet out
Before

After

Hope you all like advice and comments always welcome!!!  :D

Back to the top
Really love your cabby Chris. Like the switch idea in the ciggy lighter hole - nice touch :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Christ I want an interior like yours, loving the mods

Back to the top
Lol if ever i sell it? Il bell you first lol
Thanks for the comments  :D

Back to the top
can i ask how you made the dash vents? i can only think of one or two ways it can be done without a press.

Back to the top
CNC'ed well might of been lazer cut or water jet dunno didnt ask…… I go to Cov Uni and i persuaded the cnc man to do me a favour! lol then i just flipped em over and welded on some strips to hold em in place.

Back to the top
nice. always helps to have the tools.

might go for some hand made ones in the same fashion if i can be bothered. or i might re glue the vinyl.

thanks for that mate.

Back to the top
The big red button for big sounds, like it.

Back to the top
lol my dad labled it the BOOM button hahaha

Also update on brakes!!! pictures soon!!  :D  :D  wel about ten minuets

Back to the top
Hiya folks

New to this so bear with me, I noticed one or two Rivage?s in this forum so I was hoping to pick a few brains if I could?? Also ?Chrisrivage? from Trenton, the car I have in my position was from Newcastle, maybe you know it, there can?t be that many Rivage?s about?!!!

Anyway, the Rivage I have I purchased from a friend in Newcastle in an early state of renovation, ie in bits, well not that bad. The whole car is there leather seats, clipper kit, roof, etc? the actual car itself drives (perfect I might add) and should do with only 41k. My questions are? 1) how can I identify it as a Rivage from the vin plate?? 2) once painted is the Rivage something that should be put back to original (I did a 3dr range rover once in bright yellow and upset some people?) 3) once painted, probably the original met green I will need some ?Rivage? decals, is it poss to get originals or will I have to get some made??

I have renovated many classics in the past, mostly jags range rovers (and one rolls) but I?m new to VW so any guidance will be greatly received?

Back to the top
Hello Naranjo,
                    Unfortunatly I don't know your Rivage however i did know a green with leather whack up a picture and I'l see if I recognise it.
I live in Trentham where abouts are you?

Vin plate i can't advise however look at your V5 this will say 'Rivage' and colour it should be also the sticker in the boot if it is still there will tell you waht factory extra your car had all the codes are posted on the internet somewhere if not VW can decode it! lol

The orginal colour is 'classic pearlesent green' no metalics and as for the stickers i got another set off ebay i think il try and source em they where about ?20 a set GOOD copies as well!!!!  :D  unfortuantly originals are no londer avalible!  :(  but like i said copies are just as good!

HTH chris

Back to the top
Hiya Chris

I?m not sure you would recognise it any more if you did know it? it was vandalised and written off by the insurance company, luckily the parts damaged were the wings, doors and bonnet, so were all replaced by my mate when he purchased it from the yard from where it was being held, so it?s a bit multi coloured. Fitting the new panels and removing the interior was as far as he got before he got bored and sold it to me for ?100 (with 5 months MOT remaining?lol)

The decals are still there as most of the back end is still green and its says ?Roofless? to the right hand side of the boot, talking of boots I will take a look for that sticker in the boot. I never go by what the logbook says, I did a range rover that was supposed to be a ?Monteverdi? said so on the logbook but I know range rovers and it was no Monteverdi, and had the same issue with a so called RSP mini cooper.. it was a cooper but it was not the rare RSP the owner and the logbook wanted me to believe.

Anyway? thanks for the correction in the colour, it would have been a shame to screw that up, anything else anyone thinks I should know please pipe up and say?lol

I live in Whitchurch but I work in Eccleshall, I have friends in Newcastle and in Trentham so before I bought the car it had been floating in that area for some time. Maybe you will recognise it or even the number plate perhaps?? I?ll get some kinda photo up so you can see it?

Neil Naranjo

Back to the top
Sounds good! ?100 bargain!! the interior alone is worth ?600 and you'll sell that on here in a heartbeat, there are a few hinckering after mine lol well good luck look forward to photos. :D

Back to the top
Hey naranjo, if you ever chuck the towel in on your Rivage, or need some extra funds for your project, i'll snap your leather interior off your hands for my Rivage!  :mrgreen: lol

Back to the top
Sounds like I should keep the leather as it will make the car that more desirable when it?s done? but I think I will get it re-trimmed as its far from perfect? was leather a rare thing in the Mk1??

I do have one question. How do you post photos on here?? Any help will be greatly received?

I?m going to start a new thread sharing the restoration so it can be seen taking shape and so people can point out if I go wrong?lol

Watch this space?

Back to the top
There are instructions get a photobucket account pretty simple, well if i can offer you some advice get a set of wrecked cloth seats and get them covered in leather rather than destroying the leather lol that is why originals are rare because people re trim them
nb try this place before a retrim google: Furniture clinic

ps Bouchy-boy how do you like my mods?
  :D

Back to the top
Yeah looking good, are you going to the annual gathering? I'm hopefully taking the Rivage and my brothers splity camper to sleep in. Would be good to have a gander at the mods in person.

And I 2nd the idea of re-trimming another set of seats. KEEP THE ORIGINALS!!! It'll still cost the same, minus the cost of some seats anyway.

Back to the top
Thinking of going yeah might see you there!! not far for me anyway  :D

Back to the top

Leather Seats for sale...!!!

Now you see that?s why I came here for advice because I would have just got those seats re-trimmed, are originals that special?? They are worn and there is a tear on the back seat, all I want at the end of the day is a mint mk1 cabriolet. I?m not too fussed about keeping things original, having a nice leather interior and having another less that perfect set sat in the workshop would be pointless to me? But far be it for me to destroy what other people hold in such high regard? so I would be happy to sell the leather seats I have, find some cloth ones and trim them instead?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.