Skip navigation

nose dive - rebuild 16v - Update page4 - now painted.

Back to the top

nose dive - rebuild 16v - Update page4 - now painted.

well some progress…

Golf mk1 16v First start - YouTube

turn your speakers up!

Back to the top
Not sure if you have sorted the geometry problem but you could always just flip the ball joints round so they enter at the bottom rather than the top.

Back to the top

judderi said

Not sure if you have sorted the geometry problem but you could always just flip the ball joints round so they enter at the bottom rather than the top.

well it's not quite that simple becuase the ball joints and hubs are tapered so i'd need to drill out the hubs to make them fit in from the bottom but then there wouldn't be that much contact area between the hub and the ball joint spindle.

I've bought teflon rose joints to replace the standard ball joints but keep getting the threads mixed up. so i'm going to have to send them back and get the correct thread.

Back to the top
Hey chris long time no speak lol, hows this coming dude, well i hope, started the dreded revamp on my yellow peril too, but im not sticking a build thread in yet till its complete, hope no one takes it the wrong way but i hate reading 3 to8 pages for no end product lmao, you will hafto call down mate new rims again coilies n stuff, you must be very close to finish.

Back to the top
Right then people.

I can't see me ever finishing this. So I'm considering breaking it.

You can see from the thread the things it's got. Putting feelers out to see what appetite is like.

It has brand new rebuilt KR engine, new rings, shell, seals, skimmed, polished and painted in posh enamel paint.

80,000 mile gearbox

Brand new LUK clutch

Race Fuel pumps, new fuel lines,

Coilies, brand new,

16v mani - brand new heat wrapped

Steering rack, recon, new gear linkeage kit fitted.

New rad

Smoothed boos lid with solenoid, smoothed doors ( all welded not fiberglassed)

Seperate spare GTI fuel pump

Dashboard, clocks, wishbones,

Anyone interested in anything?

Back to the top
now thats a shame.........you got a figure in mind for the complete car? pm me :) could be my summer love project lol
There are too many online users to list.