Skip navigation

Project Rat - THe Hof - Mini update

Back to the top

Project Rat - THe Hof - Mini update

Very impressed, the ratlook grows on me everyday! It'd be great to have a second car and go completely rat! I'm definitely following this thread!

Back to the top
Cheers mate

will do another update tomorrow hopefuly

Back to the top
A little hint of whats coming tomorrow

http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/RoofRack.htm

Back to the top
Those are bootyful!

Back to the top
You're putting together quite a classy project there mate, individual too! Nice work but a shame you didn't get the flamingos they're seriously cool rims.

Are you going to fit your ebay coilover specials again?

T

Back to the top

Tian said

T

Or just cut the springs? :wink:

Back to the top

bigdave said

Tian said

T

Or just cut the springs? :wink:
Well it is a ratter… Just be careful when cutting the rear springs… :lol:

Some inspiration:

Back to the top
I WANT THOSE TWO LOWER GRILLS!!!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BOTH?? I WANT TO REMOVE MY BUMPER!

PLEASE HELP!!!

X BRUCE

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
im guessing those lower grills are home made from a normal grill?

Back to the top
looking a really good project. Theres a old mk1 near me that could be easily made to have the rat look. Got me thinking abit now.

Looking good anyways mate

Back to the top

brucieboy said

I WANT THOSE TWO LOWER GRILLS!!!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BOTH?? I WANT TO REMOVE MY BUMPER!

PLEASE HELP!!!

X BRUCE

Oi, thread hijcaker.. start yer own.. I bought some last year, got them from american ebay, bloke advertised them as right side only, but they fit both, had them on my GTI when i sold it…

Back to the top
Thanks for the good comments guys..

Have picke dup a bashed up tailgate from Richard too, its form a CITI so is already factory flushed, its dented and looks a right old mess. Perfect for what i want, so thats going to get a similar treatment to the front..

also, got my dibs on a first for a new product from Crazyquiffs, but cant go telling too much yet.. Unless Rich wants to share it and make available for all!!!!

As to lowering, thanks to McScrew, I'm now a coupel of beer vouchers lighter, but am also now sitting at about 80mm lower, today has seen me fit new top mounts, clean up the suspension and fit the springs from Rich (mcscrew)

its not silly low as I still need to use the car daily, and beggars/scroungers cant be choosers.. Roofrack is on and looks the business so will pop out with the camera and take some pictures soon

Back to the top

Lawsy said

brucieboy said

PLEASE HELP!!!

X BRUCE

Oi, thread hijcaker.. start yer own.. I bought some last year, got them from american ebay, bloke advertised them as right side only, but they fit both, had them on my GTI when i sold it…

lol!!! apologies friend! fooorrrgiiive me?  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

brucieboy said

Lawsy said

brucieboy said

PLEASE HELP!!!

X BRUCE

lol!!! apologies friend! fooorrrgiiive me?  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

No worries mate, try looking on american ebay under rabbit or caddy lower grille, if i remeber right i paid about ?9 per side plus about same again postage

Back to the top
pics Lawsy  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Just been down the road with camera, too wet to get any good ones tho…

Here's a couple of the Roofrack

what you think of it???

Lowering springs dont look too low in this pic, but its much lower than it was, with the Brand new top mounts being completely standard its probably about a 60mm drop in the end

Then a side of view

I cant make my mind up on the centres for the  P's..

I might rat them up a bit and then leave them of or just look for some 80's retro wheels or banded steels

what do you think??

No pics of tailgate tho, thats not started yet so that'll be a watch this space  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i would say wide steels, or some real old skool 80 wheels.

is it me or should the roof rack be a bit more forward, it could just be me or is there no right and wrong way to put it

Back to the top

Kenno said

i would say wide steels, or some real old skool 80 wheels.

is it me or should the roof rack be a bit more forward, it could just be me or is there no right and wrong way to put it

there is no right/wrong way to put it, I was thinking more forwards, but mrs lawsy says… everyone has theirs at the front so lets put it up back and be different, but think we'll move it up a bit at weekend

I'd love those flamingo's that are on here http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=45353

but watching a similar set on ebay that might be cool

But wide wheels would be best for up rear and standard skinny's up front

Back to the top
Looking good mate!

Rich

Back to the top
just keeps gettings better mate

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.