Skip navigation

Rivage on ebay sold!!!

Back to the top

Rivage on ebay sold!!!

steve t pm sent

Back to the top
Yeah thats all very well but what Steve is saying….Is that he has a car that is better than the one on ebay and 5k aint bad .My Rivage isn't perfect but 5k gives me hope that my car is probably worth more than I think and 100% more than wat i paid for it!!!

And vw4life1 a Rivage is the cabriolet golf generally toward the final years of production. (higher spec than the clippers)
They are a bit of a mongral really in the aspect of parts and factory extras.
There are so many combonation of what you car have in your car, The Green full leather Gti's are the rarest of them all. The blue rivages generally had blue cloth interior.
They have a few more bells and whistles than older mk1 tin tops, MFA optional powersteering etc etc.
The only way to tell an orginal Rivage is to look in the boot on the sticker, There is a collection of codes that state the factor fitted extras, If you take your chassis number to VW they can tell you what the car had when original built! And if it is genuine!!!! I must before you buy one!
Sticker are easy to come by and cream leather can be put in so can all the added extra so be warned!!

They are also more under stated than the other Gti's there should be no Gti sticker on the rear! Especially in comparason to the Sportline which is the exact same proformance.

Back to the top

Fabcabs said

Rang up seller & asked extensive questions regarding this Rivage and was assured car was 'mint' that hood, engine,paintwork & interior were spotless. Have seen this car = very disappointed - two rips in hood, damaged & worn tonneau cover, scratches over bodywork inc. key scratch on drivers rear quarter, has had paint along passenger side & rust bubbles under repaint of rear passenger wheel arch, rivage stickers do not match, digital clock LCD had burst & half black, missing leather handbrake gaiter, holes in dash where old alarms have been cut etc., passenger seat pad retrim did not match as wrong colour/quality!? cracked door cappings (rare as rocking horse ****), filthy engine bay with oil visible & no, it does not have power steering. Had to view in back street garage, owner was nowhere to be seen & V5 was mysteriously missing.
This car is not mint as advertised & there were too many things that did not add up & warning bells rang for me so did not buy…

I thought you guys should know..you have been warned

Cheers chap - you've just saved me a whole load of time & effort. The auction's ended at ?3100 or something and it's not met its reserve…

Back to the top
Item number: 250273919431

A new 1!!!! looks good, a good write up anyhow!

Back to the top
looks nice. Think it looks better than http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C51074

Back to the top
good spot! does look good

Back to the top
so what would my new classic line get?same as rivage but from germany, lhd but has heated seats, dipping lights(wow)!and pas. I am tempted to put the lhd rack on my cab if it fits...

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
dunno really i think the imports arn't as valuble to honest rivage is a little more bespoke

Back to the top
I viewed that one on car and classic on the above link and I was really disappointed. It was really shabby inside and out. Off to view the 'outstanding' example on ebay this weekend…. the search continues….

In the meantime, I'm really appreciating all these heads-up, chaps. Keep 'em coming.

Back to the top

Phirefly said

I viewed that one on car and classic on the above link and I was really disappointed. It was really shabby inside and out. Off to view the 'outstanding' example on ebay this weekend…. the search continues….

In the meantime, I'm really appreciating all these heads-up, chaps. Keep 'em coming.

Phirefly…did you get my PM? :)

Back to the top

steve_t said

Phirefly…did you get my PM? :)

Replied :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.