Skip navigation

Rivage on ebay sold!!!

Back to the top

Rivage on ebay sold!!!

Hey found a rivage on ebay last week sold for over 5k!! that aint bad as it is very similar to one i own!!

Item number: 330251813296

Did anyone on here get it???

Back to the top
5k it better be mint for that.

was it the L reg one? will that be one of the last then or do you know of any later?

Back to the top
saw that sell, looked a nice car, but 5k :dontknow:  it didnt have full history either and the oldest MOT was only for 2001

so you cant verify the mileage easily, but as said where can you find a totally original one thats for sale :dontknow:  not often thats for sure

someones gonna be a happy bunny today  8)

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Mine is the same age and year any later it would be a 1994 then you are talking the only one made in that year so any later than 1992/3 and that is worth some seriouse dollar!! 5k is alot but it looked nice on the picture i can't imagine someone payin that who didnt go and see it 1st that is just barmy! but like you say happy bunny today tho.

Back to the top
Last blue Rivage i saw sell (which was in Dartford near me) went for 5k and it was a 46k 1 owner and it was truely mint, not a mark on it

i was tempted, but it was a tad too dear for me for a "fun" car

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
i bought mine as a reck so was a bargain and the prev owner didnt no what he had!!

Back to the top

Back to the top
what the...........

Back to the top
sorry link didnt work try item no  330253775131  oh and hmmmmmmmmm again

Back to the top
Has that been relisted ahh i see………..
HMMMMMMMM indeedy i bet that geezer is pissed off!!!

Back to the top
I wish people would put 'rivage' in the item title, this one didn't come up in my saved searches alerts grr….

I think I might give him a call - any suggestions on what I should be asking? (don't worry, the buying a cabby pdf has been printed off and laying in wait since January)

Back to the top
Ask if the paint is as good as it looks, I have never had a problem with my rivage to be honest, No rivage in title does annoy me as well........ british racing green as well what a bell end. I would make sure for a FACT it has power steering!!!!! I would want proof of the power steering.

Back to the top
it has no power steering fact.

please could someone define mint for me

Back to the top
did any come with power steering in the uk?? :dontknow:

Back to the top
it was a very very expensive dealer option and hardly any had it. there is a clipper advertised somewhere at the moment and he says only three had it. tsr used to do the kits think over ?1000

Back to the top
Rang up seller & asked extensive questions regarding this Rivage and was assured car was 'mint' that hood, engine,paintwork & interior were spotless. Have seen this car = very disappointed - two rips in hood, damaged & worn tonneau cover, scratches over bodywork inc. key scratch on drivers rear quarter, has had paint along passenger side & rust bubbles under repaint of rear passenger wheel arch, rivage stickers do not match, digital clock LCD had burst & half black, missing leather handbrake gaiter, holes in dash where old alarms have been cut etc., passenger seat pad retrim did not match as wrong colour/quality!? cracked door cappings (rare as rocking horse ****), filthy engine bay with oil visible & no, it does not have power steering. Had to view in back street garage, owner was nowhere to be seen & V5 was mysteriously missing.
This car is not mint as advertised & there were too many things that did not add up & warning bells rang for me so did not buy…

I thought you guys should know..you have been warned

Back to the top
WO what a dik, Some people just don't know what a good car is do they sounds like a rate state to be honest!!  Thanks for the heads up!
Racer you are spot on with the power steering added extra for ?1000! i hve a power steerign rack in my shed from a broken rivage, plans to put it on my in the near future!!
Also have a rivage brochure that states its an added extra!

Well its a warning to everyone……….. when in a car advert not much is said! The car aint all that!

Back to the top
It was interesting to see it sell for ?5100 though.

I bought my Rivage as a one-owner car in 1996 and its still 100% original (even the factory stereo) and has only got 39K on the clock and never used as a daily driver and never spent a night out of the garage ever. Mines got a high agreed-value insurance value, yet all i'm getting is silly offers.

Seeing that one sell certainly gives me hope!!! :)

Back to the top
I'm curious, whats a rivage? We didnt get them in SA…any1 have a pic?

Back to the top
the car didnt sell. it has been relisted. if you read the description before you will understand why. if the seller on ebay cant describe the car truthfully then it will fetch a high price till someone goes to collect it.

if i advertised a mint mk1 rivage with 2 miles on the clock, never been out of a garage, with power steering, leather etc, etc. it would fetch a high price. if when you got there to pick it up, it had 200000 miles never been in a garage, no leather and was a wreck then would you hand over the money  for a car that had been mis-advertised?

yes there is someone prepared to pay 5k for a mk1, it all about what someone will pay not the market value. there will always be good examples and bad examples of any car. just because one car "sold" for 5k dosent mean that all rivages are worth 5k. the 5k was bid on a mint car so it follows that a truly mint car will fetch 5k, wont it.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.