Skip navigation

mk1 golf 5 dr project , retford , notts! stonechipped.

Back to the top

mk1 golf 5 dr project , retford , notts! stonechipped.

ok , so over the past week or so me and my dad have managed to get a bit more done ( weather permitting! ) and i looks like not much is gonna be happenin for a while now its raining all the time.

as i said we got the quarters , tailgate and rear valance rubbed down :

also got rid of all the surface rust and treated the sill with kurust , did all 4 :

then while my dad nipped to get some other bits and bobs i fitted the coilovers. i didnt really wanna fit em til it had been painted but needs must when there in your downstairs toilet and the gilfriend is naggin u!!

so went from this :

to this:

i rested the old wings back on to see how it would sit and im quite pleased. obviously it will look alot better when i have some nice wheels on it :)

didnt really get much more done after that apart from de-greasing the inner arches and other bits. got my dad to do it tho as i hate that job!!

im going on holiday next week and hes hoping to have it bar coated for when i get back then we can get the primer on :)

Back to the top
hey guys. just about ready to start priming now. can anyone recomend any good paint suppliers around nottinghamshire?

Back to the top
progress is very slow at the moment. got a bit more done the other day. got the lower bits of the car stone chipped before we prime and thats about it really;

as you can see from the above picture , the sills are alot better now that cacky surface rust has been stripped back and treated.

got these to;

wantin some 13s or 14s really tho so if anyone fancys a swap gimme a shout!

Back to the top
Looking really smart now mate..

cant wait to see it start building back up..

Back to the top
thanks mate. it actually feels like its all coming together nicely now. just cant wait to see it in primer. something very satisfieing in that!!

Back to the top
all the prep will pay off when its all one colour. good effort dude keep it up  8)

Back to the top
Any more progress here?

Also, how good are your original wings? They look to be a damn sight better than mine, wondered if you wanted to sell them?

Back to the top
where are you getting that paint from then mate?

Im just going with paints4u,

they use macrofan and upol which are respectable makes.

Are you using 2pack o celly?

Back to the top
ayup jon its mike who sold you the brown dash.
just joined up so i could pass comments on this, looks like its coming along nicely, where you keeping it now then?
you should check out 'humberside paints & coverings' in scunthorpe & donparts in doncaster for your paints dude.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.