Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

did we miss that last year paul or was i to drunk to notice???? :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

did we miss that last year paul or was i to drunk to notice???? :lol:

You missed it but I saw it - by sheer chance I drove through Wellingborough on the way to the show and I was the 1st car allowed around the 'loop' through town after they'd done one of their laps, so I saw some of it from the driver's seat! This year I'll try get there earlier on Friday and see it properly.

Back to the top
you taking the your car on a trailer this time?

im hoping to get there early ish so i can set up camp in the day light this year :lol:

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Any news on the Saturday evening invites?
 not a dicky bird mate

Any more for camping yet  or is it just paul, ben, me and rajan??

I've found the area where you need to ask the question, its over on VZi forums here:

http://www.volkszone.c…php?p=4868919#post4868919

and I've 'asked the question' myself. Apparently the criteria is 13 sec 1/4 mile time, so they might not let me in, but we'll see. There's a couple of other 'fast' Mk1s which might be able to sneak in (especially if you look at our sprint league table), for example I can't see them not letting dub76 in with a 14.01 run.

Back to the top
i want to hit the 13 second mark this time round going to do a few things to the car to make it lighter ect hopefully ive landed a set of 9 spokes with 205 tyres on for the front

:lol:

Back to the top
Yay - I'm in!!!

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Back to the top
On a more serious note, I could really do with some support on Saturday night - so that means we want loads of Mk1 owners attending the camping and show, able to cheer me on (or join in cheering/willing on my opponent, probably….) so all those wavering or thinking about it, please make yourselves known and put yourself down as a 'maybe'. I know Edition 38 is on the same weekend but 4 members (and 2 of those are committee!) isn't such a great response so far. I know the biggest variable is the weather and that of course is completely unpredictable, but if you aim for both days, then it doubles the chance of at least seeing a clear spell and some decent strip action.

On Saturday its a Pro Test & Tune day, this means a lot of the pro and semi-pro racers will be at Santa Pod with big alcohol V8s, Pro-Mods, I believe there's even going to be a couple of top fueller dragsters. They come along here because its not long before the FIA Finals and they stay the week tinkering, etc. So its a great opportunity to see some seriously fast (like, possibly 4 second 1/4 mile runs) cars. Also there's the thing in town if you can make Friday night.

Back to the top

Re: Club display

Tian said

matt18t said

I will be up for this do we have a club display as my car will definately be on the road for this show. Its all nice and shiney and massively modified 1.8t engine, willwood brakes RSX coilovers all new interior seam welded and braced at both the top, bottom and rear debadged, de locked massive intercooler and lo=ts of other bits and bobs. Let me know if you are doing a club display cheers
Matt

Pics!?!?!? Or have I missed the thread.

Tian :wink:

I cant post any for some unknown reason maybe because im not a fully fledged member

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yay - I'm in!!!

now get me in and we can run together :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

paul_c said

Yay - I'm in!!!

now get me in and we can run together :lol:

The link is above and I think I only just scraped in, so I'm very unsure about asking for another….but Brian's a reasonable enough chap, so a similar plea to mine should sort something out. I asked Lawsy to help out and maybe he can do something too?  :dontknow:

I get the impression there's still 'spaces', in fact they're going on quality rather than an allocation of a number of places to fill.

Good luck!

Back to the top
me tooooo :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

go the mk1s best we get some support paul should be a right chuckle

Back to the top

bens_cab said

me tooooo :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

go the mk1s best we get some support paul should be a right chuckle

Yay x2

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Back to the top

paul_c said

I asked Lawsy to help out and maybe he can do something too?  

I have asked via the email contact, but as we havent yet confirmed stand numbers/peeps in attandance they might not be as forthcoming with a run..

s'pose it works both ways

so come on guys, can i have a more defo confirmed number of peeps booked for camping.. Club stand is going to be knocked on its head tho

Back to the top
Don't worry about the invitational Saturday night runs - Ben and I have now sorted ourselves out here. As for numbers, its 4 + 3 = 7, the 3 being Ben's mates.

Suggestion - don't shoot me down for it - maybe we should open the camping up to non-members too?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Don't worry about the invitational Saturday night runs - Ben and I have now sorted ourselves out here. As for numbers, its 4 + 3 = 7, the 3 being Ben's mates.

Suggestion - don't shoot me down for it - maybe we should open the camping up to non-members too?

i said ages mate, campings open to all, no members non members in the camping field.. the more the merrier if you ask me. I just ned to know what we got so we can sort space out

I think and have said on countless times, that the members take priority but once all members are on stands then non members are welcome..

After all, now I'm on the comittee i'd like it to start being a club for the people run by the people

Back to the top
id say room for 10 people just incase we have a last minute influx

Back to the top
Paul ive updated the demo runners list on vzi showing us now

cant wait now really excited :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I've been holding back due to worries on what the weather may or may not be like, I've also been toying with wanting to go to Edition 38, as it has the greater autojumble designated to watercooled.

Think I may now have a plan, expensive as it is………on the Saturday I'm going to Edition 38, once I'm done there (as long as it isn't monsoon season) I'll come across to Santa Pod for VW Action and join the camping, watch the evening racing, drink too much, snore my head off and keep Lawsy awake then get up eat breakfast and watch some great sunday racing.

I'm in  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
good man i think a newbie called chester may be coming up for the camping as he wants advice on his new mk1 hes got

as for dub76 he may come but without the car as its had a major mot fail and hes just been made redundant

my other friends are a maybe also

but hey im there my interior will be outside the tent again for comfy seating  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Count me in for the club stand and maybe camping.

|What do I need to do?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.