Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Lawsy and Mrs Lawsy are organising this one:

Renowned show with all types of watercooled and aircooled VW's, show & shine, traders, Drag Racing, Run What you Brung, traders. Weekend camping available…

VW Action

Please add your name to the list.
so Far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti

Club stand
1. Lawsy - Both Days if i can get a trailer to tow up anyways
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Me and Steve (lawsy) were looking to go to this , just let us know what is involved . You know what steves organisational skills are like.

Is it something that needs sorting now or can it be discussed at Billing.

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
I'm up for helping out along with MrsLawsy.. Let me know what we can do

Back to the top
im at this one on both days hooray 8)

Back to the top
This year's theme is "Pyjama Party". Last year I don't even know what the theme was, all I remember was I was a little drunk and dancing away in the main disco tent, I looked around and saw a 6 foot tall smurf bopping away. So I turned around and looked the other way and there was a fairy, similarly dancing. I checked and double checked what I'd been drinking, and carried on dancing.

Its a mainly aircooled show so we all need to watch out for fast Beetles making Mk1 Golfs look embarrasingly slow (top tip: if you go against an aircooled - make sure its a camper!)

Need to decide to screw together the car again, for this event, or to wait for a few costly upgrades etc.

Back to the top
i remeber last year way to much drink and bumper cars was fun tho

:lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
cant go im in berlin.

Back to the top
right then peeps

As Ants mentioned above, can we get a list together of who'll be going for defo..

I'm also thinking of organising a club camping pitchm this way we get given our own little (if i remember right) roped off mini campsite, which would be available to both paid up members and forum users..

The Club stand however will jiust be for Members only

Please can I have confirmed Yay's or Nay's from you all by adding your names to the list..

Ideally I'd like every member who's taking their Mk1 to get it on the stand, as the theme for this years action is Pyjama's any suggestions for dressing the stand would also be appreciated..

List for now -

attendance Camping     
1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy      

Display car
1. Laws - Mrs Lawsy (possibly)

I'll update with more info about the show over the next few weeks

Come on guys lets show those air cooled peeps what the MK1 is all about

Back to the top
Bugger, that's Silverstone weekend so I'm out!

Tian :banghead:

Back to the top

Tian said

I don't understand? The Grand Prix has already happened? And Silverstone will host some kind of event on every weekend of the year, in the summer?

Back to the top
Is the clubstand on one of, or bothdays?  Prob come but only for one of the days.

Banner

Back to the top

paul_c said

Tian said

I don't understand? The Grand Prix has already happened? And Silverstone will host some kind of event on every weekend of the year, in the summer?

aint it touring cars that weekend??

so is that yes from you as well paul??

Back to the top

ew said

Is the clubstand on one of, or bothdays?  Prob come but only for one of the days.

dunno yet mate, gonna call up and organise it, I'm hoping the stand will be all weekend

Back to the top
Last year there was a bit of confusion and the "club camping" and "club stand" area were one and the same. (A lot of the show stands, traders stands, etc were on the right hand side of the track too). so this meant that people arriving on Sunday for the day only, couldn't get their cars onto the "stand" since this was the "camping" area and they only let Sunday arrivals into the day parking, etc. So, worth checking out and getting a definite answer well in time. Basically its an aircooled show and they assume that EVERYONE would be arriving Saturday and camping overnight. This seems to be the way a lot of aircooled shows run at Santa Pod - they stretch them out over 2 or 3 days.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Last year there was a bit of confusion and the "club camping" and "club stand" area were one and the same. (A lot of the show stands, traders stands, etc were on the right hand side of the track too). so this meant that people arriving on Sunday for the day only, couldn't get their cars onto the "stand" since this was the "camping" area and they only let Sunday arrivals into the day parking, etc. So, worth checking out and getting a definite answer well in time. Basically its an aircooled show and they assume that EVERYONE would be arriving Saturday and camping overnight. This seems to be the way a lot of aircooled shows run at Santa Pod - they stretch them out over 2 or 3 days.

Yes paul

As mentioned I';ll post up more details as and when i confirmt he slots, but there is a clear definition as to what you book, either, clud display ONLY or Club Camping ONLY or BOTH

I was hoping we'd get enough going to be able to get BOTH

Especially as its always been seen in the past as an air cooled show, lets hope we can have a great showing of Mk1's

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Tian said

aint it touring cars that weekend??

so is that yes from you as well paul??

Correct, and we've already booked tickets.

Tian :roll:

Back to the top
They said that last year but it was the same.

Back to the top
Last year when DaveM and myself arrived on the Sunday to go join up with the club display (in the camping area), we were turned away due to it being rammed full in the camping area.  Only a little bit of help from Danny Allen and Brian Burrows managed to get us past the car park and into the show & shine arena  8O , it still wasn't with the club display , but DaveM got a trophy for his little gem  :mrgreen: , not me though…too many empty Maccy D wrappers on the passenger seat denied me any chance of a prize  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

It does need clarifying whether the same will happen this year, otherwise might go look at E38 for a change  :dontknow:

Back to the top
If i can just get an idea of numbers interested, then i could try and clarify what the crack is…

Rather than debate whats what, just say a yay or nay and I'll find out in time..

:banghead:

Back to the top
Yeah but if its as I suspect really a weekend kinda thing, we need to encourage people to commit to the weekend rather than thinking they'll get just as much out of Sunday. Its the kinda event with decent evening ents, like a mini bug jam, so it would be a shame to miss out etc on it all.

Put me down as a maybe, I'll be in a boring car with a trailer if i am going anyhow, after last time's disaster.

There are too many online users to list.