Skip navigation

My First Mk1, Updated and back after TWO years :) Now back again after 5 RE SPRAYED

Back to the top

My First Mk1, Updated and back after TWO years :) RE SPRAYED

185/60/13

I seen them at the scrappy full tread and that ?7 a tyre so had to be bought really, I had to put spacers on the front as hey were catchin on calipers. Is it true if your wheels stick out its a instant ban???

Back to the top
o yer looking again the rears don`t stick out at all do they, it just the fronts, which looks quite odd.

Not sure of the instant ban, might be 3 points per offence as per wheel, so maybe thats where you get instant ban, don`t really know. If you keep them wheels you could get arch covers which should then just bring the fronts in.

I would just sell them on though and get a different set

Back to the top
Well i need to do my arches as rust :@
i have been told to get g60 arches!!
I happy with the wheel and stuff ill just get spacers for the back and make the arches bigger.

Back to the top
looking good but kinda prefer the old wheels.
im also from stafford so look forward to seeing it. 8)

Back to the top
that looks awsome mate just needs lowering.

Back to the top

fleming16 said

i have been told to get g60 arches!!

G60 arch's are for a mk2 mate so wont fit the mk1!!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

JonnyGee said

looking good but kinda prefer the old wheels.
im also from stafford so look forward to seeing it. 8)

Nice man
what colour yours brown??

Back to the top
mine is white at the moment and on axle stands stripped down ready for paint just a few parts to source before it goes in now.
not many about in stafford so be good to see it.
so if u get flashed by a tranny van that will be me lol :mrgreen:

Back to the top
ahha ok then mate

wel theres a lad called conor i met the other day hes got a 1.3 gl in brown, so thats 3 people in the area :)

Back to the top
Had a nice day today. went local car boot when i parked up the clutch cable snaped and then pulled up the handbrake and that snapped to  :banghead: So thought get my mate to tow me who came with me but no tow rope as i forgot to put it in as i stripped the car the other day. So drove bake without clutch was quite scary as was my first time. Anyways,

Engine now going in this tuesday. So ill be with out a car for a week or so. Its the 1.8 rocco, the guys gave me a list of what i need to get for when he does it.

: Cambelt- 5016-41121-x18mm.
: Clutch cable
: Handbrake Cable
: Carb mounting, the seal thing in between.
: 5spd Gear Linkage.
: Air Filter- 2 e perburc
: Down pipe and clamp to fit the rocco.
: Oil filter.

So thats my new shopping list :D

Ill do my best to get pics.

Back to the top
I have now got my engine in :) I took some finding parts and getting it sorted but its now in :)
I Dont have any pics as such but ill get some asap.

But i have also done my interoir.
I bought some mk2 gti seats for ?25 :D:D:D
And then i striped the back and painted the arches and put some carpet in. It does need a little more attention but here is so far.

Before:

AFTER:

What people think??

Back to the top
Nice one. Those MK2 seats go perfect with the colour of your MK1 and the carpet too 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
cheers mate
im happy with it only prob is the levers are the wrong side so have to do it manually.

Back to the top
dude your scaring me that motor is a real real find dont fun$k with it to much invest in sum coilovers  300 quid v maxx and get sum nice wheels ats,p slots,equip,exip,banded steel,mini lites,turbins,check wheelwhores out for ideas original interiors rule :banghead:  i dont mean to be a c-n-t and its got nuffin to do with me but i just really like your car im gonna shut up now

nice car dude

Back to the top

JENK said

dude your scaring me that motor is a real real find dont fun$k with it to much invest in sum coilovers  300 quid v maxx and get sum nice wheels ats,p slots,equip,exip,banded steel,mini lites,turbins,check wheelwhores out for ideas original interiors rule :banghead:  i dont mean to be a c-n-t and its got nuffin to do with me but i just really like your car im gonna shut up now

nice car dude

Ok mate
wel im only 17 and i dont have the biggest income. So i have tried not to spend to much. My old interoir was all messed up and needed a new one. For the wheels i bought them for ?75 and sprayed them myself. I do want to get a nice set of wheels but the ones you listed as quite common i like to be a bit different and bad opinions dont really bother me.

And im getting the coilover in the next few weeks. The only prob is that wit the new engine it sits low to the flow as it is. so the only thing i scared of is that i wont be able to lower it to what i want as i may catch on the floor.

Thanks for your comment though mate

Back to the top
i must be getting old but  i prefer the old seats, and as for coilovers i'd save your money. every mk1 i have been in with coil-overs fitted has just felt like it's going to shake itself to bits, and so annoying when you have to virtually stop to creep over speed bumps while the car  in front speeds off ……
but i'm not knocking you , it's your car and that's all the fun of it , making it your car , trying different ideas , and no matter what you do it's still a mk1.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
yeah i new id cum across as one but wen i first came on here no one had anything to say bout me motor so any coment is a bonus thats the way i saw it yeah im only 21 dude it sucks being skint i probly av less money than you it dont get easyer for everyone but as for wheels theres a reson there comon they look good theres loads of others dude im just mentioning the obvious dude there shouldnt be any problem any more than anyone elses with lowerin coil overs rock and speed bumps are there for a reson and there usually in built up areas you shouldnt be driving very fast anyway very irresponsible

Back to the top
who said anything about driving fast and irresponsible ?  speed bumps are suposed to keep you to the speed limit,  you try taking one at 30mph

Back to the top
i cant be bothered to argu so il just tell you YOUR WRONG.

Back to the top

mk1jim said

who said anything about driving fast and irresponsible ?  speed bumps are suposed to keep you to the speed limit,  you try taking one at 30mph
try it then tell me i'm wrong,

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.