Skip navigation

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

Back to the top

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

Ahh, simple yet effective. My brother had talked about washing them out but I think he used methylated spirits or something; would be worried about any seals though with his method.

Back to the top
New gearstick lower ball replaced with new one from Brickwerks
Now fitted has helped, nice feel now and easier to get in to reverse but will need to work back through the other parts as still hitting knuckles on dash
old one out

new one in

Back to the top
Water pump foot switch finally gave up at the weekend,so stopped off at the local caravan shop and picked up a much better one and only £4.50

Back to the top
Pixie in for new ball joints, gearbox oil, gear lever linkages, and other gear sector bits. gearbox sump plug not to hairy.

Back to the top
Well the old girls back and took her for a good run,well all I can say is it has made an unbelievable difference, all gears up and down the box at various speeds all selecting and feel so much better,no more dash knuckle, parts wise this was a very cheap fix.

Back to the top
Well after Pixie failing the MOT last week I thought I would try and get the back bumper of in preparation for the MOT bodywork repair, both end caps had been hit by the previous owner and had a pretty basic fibre glass repair done, I had picked up a pair of second hand ones knowing I had to change them at some point. Took a bit of time to get all the rusty bolts out, which was a real pain, got the old end caps off, one of them fell apart and the replacements fitted, will have to replace the mounting brackets at some point. Filled a few bits on the replacements just need them primed and painted, at least I get the bumper off again if needed, a lot better than the old ones.

Back to the top
Rear bumper refitted after I replaced the old corners with a set of good second hand ones, now looks a lot better, new bolts and washers all round, mounting brackets cleaned and repainted

Back to the top
After the excitement of nearly losing the roof vent on the way to France and now being back home decided to get it fixed priced up a new one at £49 but thought I would have a go at fixing it myself.
the top cover was held in place by 4 plastic pins 2 of which had broken, these pins had been heat welded to hold the cover in place, so got a soldering iron and melted down through the middle of the pins then drilled out new mounting holes, and new holes in the handles screwed together with stainless screws washers and nuts also sealed the threads and holes, so job done, had a helper as well.Ordered up a 12v fan to fit the roof light as well.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.