Skip navigation

MK1 Jetta Coupe 20vt

Back to the top

MK1 Jetta Coupe 20vt

Well done mate, read the mag ladt nite. lovely motor!

auld

Back to the top
There is some of the feature on the Golf+ Website

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

s1oww said

IM NOT A PLUMBER! :). No idea why they put that.

What do you do, out of curiosity? And have you got any pics or is there a thread somewhere on your V8 powered E30?

Thanks

Rich

Back to the top

mcscrew said

s1oww said

IM NOT A PLUMBER! :). No idea why they put that.

What do you do, out of curiosity? And have you got any pics or is there a thread somewhere on your V8 powered E30?

Thanks

Rich

Hi rich, I'm a property developer, I asked James why they put I'm
A plumber and he just said they made it up as he didn't put anything on the write up.

No I don't have a thread or anything for it at the moment. It just looks like an e30 touring on steel wheels at the moment. The engines in and running, but I'm waiting to start a bit of a new twist with it :).

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top
Cheers man, you must have been really bored :).

Still been working away on cars, just been slow at putting stuff up here.

The M3 now has new clutch, covet, slave cylinder and most of the std interior us back in, steering wheel swapped over. New coilovers to go on and a few other bits and then it's up for sale.

Next up the missus beetle, had a hinge pin made for her so a wing mirror can be fitted. Now IRS away being tuned by someone much more skilledwith Carbs than me.

Then the Ghia, that's coming along well and the level of work on it is truely breath taking, just check out the welding in the pictures.

Blasted and etched

Tack new section on

Finished in bare metal.

Next up I've been tinkering with my mates mk2 to make it look better. Done loads to it and it's looking a million times better now.

Now onto the Jetta.
I've been trying to get everything to fit and look stock with the k04 for a while. I had to move the dump valve because it was hitting the bonnet. So welded up the old hole and welded in a new one. Stripped it and then re painted it. Got some 25mm silicone pipe and refitted it along with a sharp 90 silicone pipe onto the turbo.

The sharp 90 still pitched in the middle so next up had to be a 130.

Pinched

I'm not a fan of how the dump valve looks with that pipe, but it will do and works well.

A chopped 130 pipe works well

Also took the ECU down to Ben at qpeng to be looked at, it's not mapped perfect, but now has a proper AUM k04 270bhp map now. It's running very rich and not perfect, but it does go well. It's nice to be able to put my foot down :) :) :)

A fellow Jetta friend came up trumps with a badge I've been looking for fir ages.
Brand new NOS too :)

I had my throttle cable stick and have been on the hunt for a replacement. Normally use a mk2 8v carb one, but it looks like they have changed them and now don't fit. Ben at qpeng came to my rescue with an old one out of his garage. It downtown look pretty and sticks a bit, but at least I can use the car.

At the Germsmshow at the weekend.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
I never thought I had a wheel problem until I finished splitting my RF's, then I was sorting out some as it pile fell over and dented the Merc.
I stood back for a minute and thought, oooooo maybe I do have a few and this is only half of what I have :).

Then I opened the boot of the Merc to put my RS caps somewhere safe.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
AWESOME!

Back to the top
I think the BBS E52's look the best on your coupe!

Back to the top
I'm still not sure on them, i dont think they sit right and i hate them in black.

Quick up date, i havent done much to the car as i have been getting married and then driving around the west coast of america for our honeymoon.

I had to get some of my cars into the wedding, i could never hire one.

So, i finished my white Merc and my friends helped out with others.

The 356 is my friends dads and was our main wedding car.

The gold SL is my friends sisters and he drove it with some of the bridesmaids in.

The Supercharged Mustang is one of the bridesmaids husbands cars, also took some bridesmaids.

The white SL is mine and one of the ushers drove it with yet more bridesmaids.

The Beetle is the wifes and her dad drove her in it to the church.

And the Jetta, the best men went it that.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
The out of focus shots arent my fault, i left my camera with a friend.
I'll stick up some proper ones soon.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
I love this car…

There is one on ebay at the moment - when I saw it I thought it was yours, until I noticed it was LHD!

Back to the top
yo dude nice clean jetta

just wanted to no r u runing mk1 golf front and reare bumpers?

cheers mugz

Back to the top

mugz_dubz said

yo dude nice clean jetta

just wanted to no r u runing mk1 golf front and reare bumpers?

cheers mugz

He has Jetta bumpers, the problem with using Golf front bumpers is the have the cut outs for the indicators.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
congrats on the wedding day mate, looked a great day with all the special metal too!

have you a build thread on any of the other cars you own?

the jetta is Ace as is the Karmann, i will own a low light one day after my 2 Rs turbo's and series1 GTi are finished LOL

i really dont know how you find the time to do them all

Back to the top
Hi, it used to run a mk1 golf front bumper. It was temp until i found a proper jetta one.

I had a build thread on restowagen and vzi for the ghia, but not updated it for ages.
Not got threads on the others, i must get round to do some one day :)

Not updated this for a bit.

Its had an audi cover fitted because the vw was cut to fit the k03s and didnt fit the k04. The audi cover was in great condition so on it went.

At the last minute i decided to go to westside.

Then i thought id take it to santapod to see how it went up the strip.
So off came the E52's, the Toms came back out and i fitted some 195-14 tyres to them. I didnt have enough adapter bolts to run the toms all round, so the RS's went on the back.
The suspension got raised about 1 1/2 inches and most of the camber taken off the front. Then off to have it set up, some of the camber had to go back on to stop the front tyres rubbing.

It still span up loads, so a waste of time really :)

I was struggling with getting it off the line, all it did was spin no matter how careful i was.
It kept running low 14's and then into the 13's. I could put my foot down until the end of second, mainly third.

Best was 13.92 at 107mph, im sure i could get that a bit quicker with proper tyres.

And nope it wouldnt play, i tried lots :)

I had Retro Cars out to do a shoot on my Citroen and Merc, plus a few of my other cars :)

Sold my E90 Touring and now roll the rover. Everyone thinks im mad, but my grandad gave it to me. Hes owned it from new, it has 31k on it and is like new. Its lovely to drive :)

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
A video of it, my car makes no sound, so the horrid sound is the yellow thing.

http://youtu.be/lJL60XCK5pg

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
Loving your wedding photos mate, I'm recently married too (2 months yesterday) and we couldnt hire cars, not when we had our own. we ended up using my husbands and his friends Sapphire Cosworths and My Mum and Dad's Splitscreen and Beetle.

Love the Jetta! Its gorgeous!

Steff :)

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
it ran a 14.1 on the old ko3s with a pretty much knackered clutch and crap tyres,
 i keep popping back to this build thread to see how the old jett is getting on,  

top job

Back to the top
Yeah, I had cheapo tyres on and the k04 only makes a different at the top end of third and forth which is past the end of the quarter.

Id still love one of the original plates you have for the car :).

Few pics someone found online for me.
Players

Early edition

Back to working on it a little.
Wheels off and ready to be split down.

Anothet set of seats I'm in the process if chopping up.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5

Back to the top
Just realised I've missed a few updates on here, do these are a bit out of sync.

Another feature :) :) :)
In this months Retro Cars.

Great feature, it's just a shame there's no pictures of the m3 or rover, you can just spot them in the back ground.
Loads were taken, but Simon (the editor) said he was off over Christmas so let the design monkeys lay it out and the cocked it up.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.