Skip navigation

Watson's engine rebuild - small update . . . .

Back to the top

Watson’s engine rebuild - new mot and a few new pics....

Golfs not going to be ready for the weekend  :(   Dano; yes I'll clearly have to cut my forum time down  :lol:   Have a great weekend at the AGM folks.
Dave.

Back to the top

Back to the top

watson said

Golfs not going to be ready for the weekend  :(   Dano; yes I'll clearly have to cut my forum time down  :lol:   Have a great weekend at the AGM folks.
Dave.

hope to still see you there dave :D

Back to the top
I am leaving this afternoon dave, let me know if you want to hitch a ride.
I will be back tomorrow

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
You were missed Dave!

Good to meet you there allana13 and good to chat too.

T

Back to the top
Likeise T
Lovely Show thanks for all your efforts. However it could have been better if Dave Turned up :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing you at the next years AGM in the shiny yellow beauty.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thanks for the offer of a lift Max.  Looks like I missed a good show, and great weather too. Was thinking about the show all weekend., and the fact I wasn't there.  Will be there for sure next year in the new improved  mk1.

A good bit of progress since the last update. Master cylinder back in place and pipes connected. Wiring clipped back into position.  Also lifted the engine off of the stand onto the bench ready to fit the clutch and gearbox. Then its engine back in maybe at the weekend.  Can't wait.  

Back to the top
Looking good Dave

Where is the Servo ?

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
No servo. its a 1.1, does'nt go quick enough to need one  :lol:

Back to the top

watson said

No servo. its a 1.1, does'nt go quick enough to need one  :lol:

i know what you mean dave and i feel the same pain of 1.1 power lol  :lol:

Back to the top
I remember my 1.1 having a servo, mind you it was a S2 and not a S1

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Long time since the last update - so here goes.  Fitted the flywheel, clutch  and gearbox and nice to get the engine back in - after a few issues with the low garage roof. Also been fitting the new petrol filler pipe in the osr wheel arch. (what are the 3 plastic pipes that run off where the breather tube starts at the top - 2 brown one green ?)  Still a long way to go yet.  

Clutch.

Gearbox fitted.

Going in.

Engine and car reunited.

Fan, cowling and rad ready to go back in.

Manifold.

Back to the top

Back to the top
excellent work mate....very impressed :)

Back to the top
Keep up the good work! 8)

Rich

Back to the top
Good work, do you think you will have it back on the road by Bug Boogie?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
James: Disappointed that we won't make the Windsor or Malvern shows,  cars just not going to be ready in time. HGT's only got one show this year in November. I can't believe its been off the road since last December - these things take so much longer than originally planned.  My own fault though, kept finding more things to do on the car while it was off the road. Can't wait to drive it again.

The second batch of parts arrived back from the platers - very pleased with those. Each part carefully wrapped in tissue - it was like Christmas come early !

Finished cleaning and painting the last inner wheel-arch (osr) and fitted a new fuel filler pipe. This wheel-arch proved the most difficult and took the longest.  Rads back in now too.

Cleaned up the Weber carb. and while looking through an old workshop manual found the old paperwork for it from when it was fitted in 1990.  Also got a couple of new gaskets.

A few pics.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
It'll be good enough to show soon!!!  :mrgreen:

Bet there are a few worried show and shine entrants now Dave. Top work.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.