Skip navigation

Watson's engine rebuild - small update . . . .

Back to the top

Watson’s engine rebuild - new mot and a few new pics....

Dano said

Now you're just showing off Dave!!!  :lol:

And making some of us jealous :dry:  

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
 :lol :lol:  :lolWell done dave….

hopefully I will see you…. All dedepend on the home front.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Dave, I love that underneath. As usual immaculate.

Don't get it too dirty on the way up!

Looking forward to the show, although without my Gary.

Back to the top
Cracking job you did Dave, looks better than new, loved this car when I saw it at Stonor park :thumbs:

Back to the top
Congratulations Dave on winning the best standard tintop, totally deserved !!!!

Sorry I never chatted more but the time just disappeared.

Might bring my s1 down next year for a Scottish / English best standard tintop battle ;-)

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Cheers chaps. Was well happy to win Best Standard Tintop at the AGM. It came as a surprise as all the others entered were top notch mk1’s, especially a couple of minty GTI’s and the lovely Formal e.  Also chuffed to bits with the Club’s 10th Anniversary watch – thanks guys.  Was a great day and good to meet up with faces old and new.  A big thank you to all those who worked so hard before hand and over the weekend and made it the best AGM ever. Only problem was it went too quickly.

photo IMGP3871_zps61544497.jpg

photo IMGP3862_zpsb4619e91.jpg

photo IMGP3880_zps0926adda.jpg

Back to the top
Nice pics Dave, nice bonnet furniture too!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Dave, congratulations on winning the best standard tintop, including the special award of the watch for the 10th Anniversary. A rare thing indeed.

I enjoyed the weekend and was able to satisfy most of my shopping list.

Back to the top
Big congratulations to you, Dave! A thoroughly deserved win  :thumbs:

Oreo and I were so chuffed to come runner up to you and HGT. The competition was high this year!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
save the small blocks  :thumbs:
just got to hide the wiring now, fully rebuilt 1.3gf bored,cammed,ported,lightened engine rebuilt with 24k gold plated bolts and nuts, nice job you have done there its rare to see a good looking small block  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
That's very clean!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Well done Dave on winning at the AGM.  :thumbs:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Top work on your engine Slowandlow - very impressive. Have been following your thread with interest.

Yep 'save the small blocks'.

photo IMGP3886_zps2eec0b76.jpg

Last edit: by watson

Back to the top
thanks man  :thumbs:

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Many congrats on the award Dave. Richly deserved. Having had the pleasure of being a passenger in this beauty I can honestly say it is one of the nicest original and honest MK1's out there today.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Quick update:   MOT’d and taxed for another year. Oil changed again and new filter fitted (genuine VAG).   Have been having a few issues with the old worn Carburetor, so bought a new one from Webcon.   Always nice fitting something shiny and new.  We have also readjusted the tappets, and the little 1.1 engine runs really well and is much quieter.  Also while the rocker cover was off, it was bead blasted and repainted (thanks Steve).  This made a few other bits that were painted in 2011 during the rebuild look tired, so I’ve repainted them too.  A few more jobs to do before the main shows start. Main things are giving the inner arches a good clean – they’ve got a bit grubby over the winter.

After searching for a spare wheel strap for the boot for ages, I finally managed to get hold of an ‘as new’ one from a Guy in Norway.  All adds to the factory look and nice that the spare wheel no longer slides around in its tub.

A few weeks ago a friend needed a set of ladders moved. None of the modern cars in the family have a roof rack, or bars, so my old Desmo rack from the ‘70s was dusted off and fitted to HGT.  Last used on HGT for holidays in the early ‘90s - never thought I’d ever use it again.  Nearly gave it away last year – glad I kept it.

A recent discovery in the garage was some car picnic tables that date from years back.  Caramel bar anyone ?

A few random shots.

Back to the top
Just Awesome Dave....

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Perfect before Dave but even more perfect now !!

Love the picnic table things, too cool 👍

Back to the top

Back to the top
Simply beautiful, that engine bay is so simple takes me back to my old 1100 Derbys…

however, I spy something possibly even nicer in your garage?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.