Skip navigation

Watson's engine rebuild - small update . . . .

Back to the top

Watson’s engine rebuild - new mot and a few new pics....

That screwdriver was a lucky find Dave!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Nice find Dave. I know you've been after one of those for a while now. Do you know out of interest if these toolkits are available new still?

Back to the top
The seats look excellent Dave and a nice little story surrounding the screwdriver  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Awesome to hear you got runner up!

I've got that full tool kit in mine, after seeing how you've restored yours, it makes me feel bad for using mine for changing wheels and doing odd jobs with the screw driver etc!

Back to the top
Well done with the prize Dave, your car thoroughly deserves it, or first IMO

See you soon

Chris

Back to the top
Super clean!

Back to the top
Thought it was time for a small update, today being HGT’s 35th birthday.  The car is running well and recently passed the MOT with no probs, always small jobs to do though. One small improvement I’ve made is new tailgate badges, as the old one’s were looking worn. The Volkswagen one is from VW Heritage, which was easy.  The difficult one was the Golf L which was quite hard to find. This brand new one came up in the ‘for sale’ section on here a while back – a lucky find indeed.

Also with a recent house move, HGT now finds itself in a new garage. No more bumping along the muddy rear access track to the old garage.  So nice now to be able to drive in and out without getting the tyres and paintwork caked in mud.

Back to the top
Looking ace as always Dave.

Lucky find on the badge :-)

Happy birthday to HGT as well🎂

Back to the top
Happy Birthday HGT. Still looks like a spring chicken  :cool:

Lucky find with the badges and well done on the move with clean garage entrance. My drive is steep and gets rain and mud and rubbish floating down it so know how you feel.

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
love it dave :)

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Happy 35th HGT. She's a little beauty! :wub:

Back to the top
Top man Dave

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Back to the top
Look forward to seeing you and your car sometime soon Dave, looks better every time I read your updates, and happy 35th for HGT  :thumbs: :thumbs:  

Back to the top
Looks as awesome as ever Dave. Hope to meet up soon mate,

Smudger

Back to the top
Getting ready for the AGM.  Inner arches cleaned and repainted.  Whilst the wheels were off decided to repaint those too.  Cleaned up the engine bay. Took the seats out and gave the interior a really good clean and hoover (didn’t find any money).  Also, after years of using Autoglym polish, I’ve tried Farecla G3 Paste wax, and really like it.  So gave HGT several coats of this.  Just a few more jobs to do, then ready for Sunday’s 160 mile run to Uttoxeter.

Recent random pics.

Back to the top
Looking good as ever!

Look forward to seeing you at the weekend Dave.

Back to the top
Wow, I didn't think it was possible for your car to look any tidier Dave, I was wrong!!

I like the forecourt pic ;)

See you at the weekend  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.