Skip navigation

Watson's engine rebuild - small update . . . .

Back to the top

Watson’s engine rebuild - new mot and a few new pics....

stunning , my car was ziebarted by dealer kept it pretty well , pm me details of sticker a tax holder manuf please

Back to the top
Never fail to impress Dave

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
That looks ace Dave!

This car always reminds me of my 1st Golf which was also lemon yellow but mine had brown spots :wink: !

Back to the top
well done dave......loving the fresh boot paint. :)

Back to the top
Fantastic job Dave  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
absolutely stunning mate :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Nice work that mate . Just done my engine last winter takes time and pactince . Looks great well done
 8)  8)  8)  8)

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments lads. Spending time now getting HGT ready for the AGM.  Looking at the forcast, might need doing again after the 150 mile drive when we get there. After missing last years show, looking forward to meeting up again with faces old and new.

A couple of pics today before the rain.

Back to the top
looks good dave

do you have any contact details where you got the stickers and the dealer plates from?

Banner

Back to the top
PM JB. Can PM details to anyone interested - will bring 'em Sunday to the AGM anyway.

Back to the top

jellybelly said

looks good dave

do you have any contact details where you got the stickers and the dealer plates from?

Have a look at this link:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101531&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top

waiting times for stickers - PRP

I contacted the supplier of the dealer plates mentioned above in daves thread. Dave did mention this guy can take a while for delivery ,  but i have to say despite several promises of delivery these havent arrived. i have emailed the guy several times but have not had a reply, has anyone else had any problems ?
There seems to be some disquiet on the ford rs sites re supply problems.
Sorry for hijacking the thread but i dont want anyone else getting caught out.

Back to the top
Hi I have also tried to e mail the guy ref plates but also had no reply …not sure why though.

Andy

Back to the top
result stuff arrived thursday , go direct to dmb graphics and avoid prp.

Back to the top

Re: waiting times for stickers - PRP

ivortheengine said

I contacted the supplier of the dealer plates mentioned above in daves thread. Dave did mention this guy can take a while for delivery ,  but i have to say despite several promises of delivery these havent arrived. i have emailed the guy several times but have not had a reply, has anyone else had any problems ?
There seems to be some disquiet on the ford rs sites re supply problems.
Sorry for hijacking the thread but i dont want anyone else getting caught out.

Yeah i've had problems too not replying to emails

Going to give DMB Graphics a try

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
apparently he reads the emails but is selective in answering if you havent paid him anything no probs otherwise be quite upfront saying you want a refund.

Back to the top
Saw your Car at Malvern Dave... awesome......

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Cheers Max. I always enjoy Malvern. It's got to be the first show this year where we haven't got wet and the sun came out.

Spent some time over the weekend giving the golf a check over and giving the engine and bay a clean up, ready for the mot today.  Pleased to say HGT passed with no advisories.

Clocking up more miles since the last update and those newly painted inner arches are proving time consuming to keep clean with the recent wet weather. Still glad I did them though as they're worth it when cleaned.  We've done a couple of oil and filter changes now since the rebuild, and very pleased with the car's performance, especially on longer runs like the 260 mile round trip to the Melvern show.  On a recent visit to Crazyquiff's, he pointed out that HGT's bonnet support rod had the top few inches cut off the top.  I always thought that was how it came from the factory.  It had crossed my mind a few times, why it had a straight end and rested on the outer skin of the bonnet, and has over time put a small outward dent on the bonnet top.  Thinking this over on my drive home it clicked.  I know HGT's first owner kept the golf in a very low car port.  So when working under the jacked up car with the bonnet open, it hit the roof.  Answer: cut the support rod down.   Pleased to say a correct new one has now been fitted.

Bit random I know, but for anyone interested in the early type golf Toric seat belts, I found this in HGT's old paper work file.

Back to the top
hi dave lookin awesome i think i need to spend some time doing my engine bay this winter!

Back to the top
Looking great as ever young Dave
There are too many online users to list.