Skip navigation

Slippys chrome bits looks like a build thread starting!!!!!

Back to the top

Slippys chrome bits looks like a build thread starting!!!!!

1st in the cabby class at Castlewellan show well pleased

Back to the top
well done bud!

Back to the top
looks sweet,im always on german ebay bought a few bargains black headlining and some chrome.
got a set of opening quarters on there way from california hope they arrive in one piece.
I sold all my old spares i have collected over the years and bought things i liked or needed.

Back to the top
Well done mate.

Them wheels are going to look stunning mate.

What you doing with the old ones?

Back to the top
I like the prize… Looks a good one… Well done again.

What was second? Third?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for the feedback, going to keep my old rims may polish them at some point always good to have a spare set as there getting harder to find.Set of 4 on e-bay at the minute.

Back to the top
your car is looking mint bud, wouldnt mind a bit chrome on mine  ,now ive seen what a differance it can make i just love shiny looking parts  :D

Back to the top
A worthy winner Geoff!

Looking good!

Back to the top
No chrome this time but after searching for ages finally picked up an A pillar trim for the drivers side, the one on mine had a bit broken off, also picked up the roof handles as spares and a few other small bits, a clipper is being broken close to where I live so took the opportunity to get these.
Also picked up an alloy center cap from Ian Amos Mk1 owner  (big thanks), this will be kept as a spare as they are getting very rare. Gave it a quick polish to match the rims.

Back to the top
After a 2 year search finally found an alloy filler cap for the Rivage,
picked  it up on German E-Bay brand new with 2 keys, solid piece of aluminum not pressed sheet.

Back to the top
Shit dude this is inspiring i love it wanted to do my door latches and bolts aswell and now u just confirmed it for me looks really nice

Back to the top
Hey slippy

I like that alloy cap - looks the biz. The long search is over…
I saw the new alloys on the gtini - very nice too… be in touch.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Hi guys, at the moment, till May, I am living in Germany. As a member of HM forces I only pay UK postage from Germany to UK, so use me at your will, PM best way

If you can read this, thank a teacher,

If its in English, thank a soldier.

A soldier fights not because he hates whats in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him.

Back to the top
Picked up a few more small bits for the car, there was no seal on the rear boot lock so picked up a new one and  got it fitted.
Also picked up a VW first aid kit complete with all the bits so fitted in the boot, just for show.
Found a nice polished fire extinguisher with cream leather covered mounting bracket and gold plated fittings  on German EBay fitted down along center consul again just for show.

Back to the top
Makes all the work worthwhile 2nd place at the Ballymena carfest 9th June

Back to the top
Nice trophy. Well done. Definitely need a new cabinet now. Lol.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Congratulations, nice trophy :D

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Rivage is due the MOT next month so started to get a few bits sorted, small break on front drivers side spring spotted last year so have replaced both front springs, bump stops and covers, one of the track rod ends had a split boot so replacing both sides and put new track rods on as well. As the springs where being done put new top mounts on. The rubber boot on the bulk head covering the steering rack was split so replaced it. That should do her, just need to get her tracked.

Back to the top
Nice job Slippy,where did you get the springs from, i need to replace mine next time im home. Mine are badly pitted, they were not picked up in the mot last week but im not happy with them
Andy

Back to the top
Got the springs (sachs) track rods and ends and boots down in Euro car parts boucher paid about 80 quid for the lot not bad i thought.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.