Skip navigation

Shellby - 83 gti ABF on carbs

Back to the top

Shellby - 83 gti ABF on carbs

pazwaa said

It's a very sad day, but it's time to face facts, I haven't got time to finish shellby, so it's time to move her along to someone who can.

I'll be starting a 10 day listing on eBay on Thursday. If anyone is interested in continuing this marvellous project, get in touch. Hopefully someone good will see her through to completion and drive her like she deserves.

Thanks for reading
Matt

Matt NOOOOOO! That would be a real shame. The hardest part, the bodywork is already done!
The rest will be a breeze!

Give me a shout if you change your mind and need a hand  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I've been close to getting rid of mine many times over but thankfully haven't. I'm the closest I've ever been and was hoping to be done by this year's AGM however I've just become a dad (9 long days and nights so far) and so I'm now gonna have even less time than I did before but still going to keep working on her as and when possible. 

You've put so much time and effort in already it would be a shame to let her go, just think the longer it takes the better the appreciation will be with the end result!

Back to the top

pazwaa said

It's a very sad day, but it's time to face facts, I haven't got time to finish shellby, so it's time to move her along to someone who can.

I'll be starting a 10 day listing on eBay on Thursday. If anyone is interested in continuing this marvellous project, get in touch. Hopefully someone good will see her through to completion and drive her like she deserves.

Thanks for reading
Matt

Noooooo - don't do it Matt!! pazwaa

Are you coming to the AGM this weekend? If not - do! It may give you some inspiration to get back on this.  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Lhasa2008 said

pazwaa said

Thanks for reading
Matt

Matt NOOOOOO! That would be a real shame. The hardest part, the bodywork is already done!
The rest will be a breeze!

Give me a shout if you change your mind and need a hand  :thumbs:

Spidermonkey84 said

I've been close to getting rid of mine many times over but thankfully haven't. I'm the closest I've ever been and was hoping to be done by this year's AGM however I've just become a dad (9 long days and nights so far) and so I'm now gonna have even less time than I did before but still going to keep working on her as and when possible. 

You've put so much time and effort in already it would be a shame to let her go, just think the longer it takes the better the appreciation will be with the end result!

Hairyarse said

pazwaa said

Thanks for reading
Matt

Noooooo - don't do it Matt!! pazwaa

Are you coming to the AGM this weekend? If not - do! It may give you some inspiration to get back on this.  :thumbs:

Thanks for the encouraging words chaps  :thumbs:

Andy, no, can't make it, which is part of the problem. A wife, six kids and a job means I have nearly zero time to do anything  O_o I've got tickets to the vw festival though, great place for kids, so I'll postpone my decision till after that, as you say, may give my motivation the kick up the a**e it needs  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Fair play Matt - I don't have six kids to attend to but know the lack of time feeling.

Enjoy VW Festival and see how you go afterwards  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Unfortunately I've not had any time to see Shellby, and it's unlikely I will, so I've taken the plunge and put her up for sale on eBay. It's massively gutting after all the work thus far, and all the great advice from friends on this fantastic website. But she needs to go to someone who can finish her and drive her. Hopefully an enthusiast will buy her and post the results on this forum.

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Unfortunately I've not had any time to see Shellby, and it's unlikely I will, so I've taken the plunge and put her up for sale on eBay. It's massively gutting after all the work thus far, and all the great advice from friends on this fantastic website. But she needs to go to someone who can finish her and drive her. Hopefully an enthusiast will buy her and post the results on this forum.

Matt

Sorry to hear it's up for sale. I hope it goes to a good home.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I'm sorry to be reading this post but I'm sure it didn't come as an easy decision to make, good luck with the sale! :thumbs:

Back to the top
Gutted to hear you're selling up Matt but clearly its the right thing for you.

GLWTS  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Lhasa2008 said

pazwaa said

Matt

Sorry to hear it's up for sale. I hope it goes to a good home.  :thumbs:

Spidermonkey84 said

I'm sorry to be reading this post but I'm sure it didn't come as an easy decision to make, good luck with the sale! :thumbs:

Hairyarse said

Gutted to hear you're selling up Matt but clearly its the right thing for you.

GLWTS  :thumbs:

thanks boys. it was a hard decision, but needs must.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.