Skip navigation

Shellby - 83 gti ABF on carbs

Back to the top

Shellby - 83 gti ABF on carbs

It's hard to find time sometimes mate even without kids, so it must be a nightmare with them!!

Back to the top
This with 6!!  :lol:

Back to the top
It is with 6!!  :lol:

Back to the top
6? bloomin heck, man. Plenty power cuts down your way?

Back to the top
5 power cuts, but the 5th produced twins  :lol:

Back to the top
You've got good swimmers, I'll give you that!! maybe you should be restoring a speedboat lol :lol:

Back to the top
THREAD REVIVAL

well, after a year of not seeing my car due to unemployment, I'm finally back to being able to work on her again. Had a bit of a rethink on the direction I'm going, wanted something close to a show car, but the money involved is huge, and I simply don't have it. So a very nicely finished car is the aim. I wanted her done for my 40th, I'm now 41, so have set a realistic target of finished by my 50th. 9 years to go!!!  :lol:

Took a couple of photos today, forgot how nice she looks  :thumbs:

First job is to clean the dust and bird sh*t off, then paint the underside. Then hopefully begin the rebuild.

Hopefully updates will follow a bit more regularly now.

Thanks
Matt

Back to the top
Hi matt, that's such a nice colour. Looking forward to more updates soon :thumbs: 

Back to the top
Love a good Thread Revival! Looks quality mate, good luck with your new deadline!

Back to the top

Lhasa2008 said

Hi matt, that's such a nice colour. Looking forward to more updates soon :thumbs: 

Spen said

Love a good Thread Revival! Looks quality mate, good luck with your new deadline!

Thanks boys. Hopefully get a bit done Thursday evening  :thumbs:

Back to the top
That is a lovely colour, you've just got to remember where it all goes now, currently where I'm at…….daunting! lol

Good luck moving forward with it!

Back to the top

Spidermonkey84 said

That is a lovely colour, you've just got to remember where it all goes now, currently where I'm at…….daunting! lol

Good luck moving forward with it!

Thanks. Good old Miami blue  :thumbs:

Yeah, the rebuild is gonna be interesting, all the parts are there, somewhere. But it's all been moved from one part of the barn to another in my absence, so find everything may be problematic  :'(  :lol:

Back to the top
This may be the saddest post ever, but I've bought some spray cans, so I can paint the underside and complete the painting - only taken 13 months   :lol:

I'm very excited  :$

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

This may be the saddest post ever, but I've bought some spray cans, so I can paint the underside and complete the painting - only taken 13 months   :lol:

I'm very excited  :$

Matt

What's the underside like at the moment?

Is it stonechip protected etc?

Back to the top
It's been coated with Hammerite stonechip, which gives a smooth finish. Even though it will probably never be seen by anyone, I want the underside to be blue as well, so gonna do a coat over the stonechip.

Back to the top
Well, after roughly 3 years and 3 months, the shell is finally all blue!! Must be the longest it's ever taken to paint a shell  :cool:

How she looked this morning

And with the underside and wheel arches painted

Very pleased that's done. Now I can begin the rebuild  :thumbs:

Going to start assembling the rear first. In preparation I spruced up the petrol tank and filler neck

Also found the tank straps, which were painted about 2 years ago. Luckily I'd bubble wrapped them and they look like new, one less thing to do.

So next time I'm down I will finally start bolting parts back on.

Anyone know of a guide to fitting the filler neck and associated gubbins?

Thanks
Matt

Back to the top
Great job Matt! Cracking Miami blue too. Good luck getting it all back together. 

Back to the top
Cracking job +1 :)

That's looks spot on.

Back to the top
Cheers chaps   :thumbs:

Parts ordered from vwh so I can get the fuel tank and rear suspension on.

Back to the top
Double posted by mistake
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.