Skip navigation

Project Rat - THe Hof - Mini update

Back to the top

Project Rat - THe Hof - Mini update

and smoking carrots now  :lol:

Back to the top
Mini Update

Bonnet now fitted, just in time for VW action where it got loads n loads of attention  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Havent sorted through action pics yettho as there is thousands of them..

Saturday morning, little trip to Crazyquiffs unit, picked up the smoked clear (no heater elements) glass for the rear hatch and fitted that too

Looks awesome, weird driving it with no lines across screen tho, subtle.

Here's a few pics of the HOF from a show today, Westside Show N Shine.. Again got soem good attention..

Back to the top
Just talking about this in the pub, my mate went down said it looked really good!

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
like it a lot, actualy the rat that is blue with an orange front panel was sort of some inspiration to me as well. i was wondering how you rusted the bonnet ground down and then salt watter?
i was thinking of rusting part of the underside of my bonnet to the point where it rusted a hole thru to the top. you can use batteries to speed up the rusting effects. and also is that a crazy quiffs roof rack? i need to get one.

thankks

Back to the top
My dad always says 'back in the day' they use to take a leak on the rat look cars lol does the job a treat he thinks  :)

Back to the top
Looking really good now mate

Nice pics too

Back to the top

e-blockus said

like it a lot, actualy the rat that is blue with an orange front panel was sort of some inspiration to me as well. i was wondering how you rusted the bonnet ground down and then salt watter?
i was thinking of rusting part of the underside of my bonnet to the point where it rusted a hole thru to the top. you can use batteries to speed up the rusting effects. and also is that a crazy quiffs roof rack? i need to get one.

thankks

Hi mate, info on the bonnet is around page 6/7 pf the thread, but bsaically yeah, just taken to metal, applied the stickers and then added salt water, left it outside for a day or 2, wiped off, peeled off the stickers and then a layer of laquer to slow down the rest of the rusting

Yes, its a crazyquiffs roofrack, fits really well..

Back to the top
Hi all, not really updated much for a bit now, but here's a mini update, as some of you know we picked up BLU-Y for Mrs Lawsy, see http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47818&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 for that thread so blu-y needs some immeadiate attention has grabbed it ffor now.

As to the Hof, well decided to take the KONI springs donated by MCSCREW and put them on blu-y which meant i needed to finally put the coilies on the rear slamming the hof proper now.. Looking good, spent rest of day stripping out wendy's tho so she can clean him

Still needs a clean out inside so might try that tomorrow if the weather holds..

Bonnets not staying as good as I'd have liked so might need to re-think over winter, still looks good tho

So here he is now.. Might give him a wash tomorrow and apply some more stickers

Back to the top
think my shaun the sheep will be going on holiday tomorrow as well :D

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
It's looking nice and low now, really suits the Hof.  I think the bonnet prep is totally genius and looks amazing.  Great budget makeover!!

Back to the top

Gillie said

It's looking nice and low now, really suits the Hof.  I think the bonnet prep is totally genius and looks amazing.  Great budget makeover!!

Thanks mate

Back to the top
Well, as planned went out to clean the car, got as far as empting the back, took out all carpets and floor mat, cleaned up all mess that gathers in around iunder the carpets. lots of tiny rust bubbles so a light sand, layer of jurust then painted with Hammerite, black all wheel well, boot floor and wheel  arches (wasnt bothered about colour as they are getting carpeted out anyway, then removed shaun the sheep from the window and applied more stickers. Then bluey was looking sad with still the concrete residue on its roof and bonnet so we started on him again, then ran out of time.. forgot to take pics of boottho, so that'll wait till next week..

Also, put up the sign on the shed and the wheel hubcap..

then a nice family shot, shame the MK3 estate wasnt on the drive tho

Back to the top
What's the red one just behind yours?

Rich

Back to the top
i want to know too rich, it's a 3dr…

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
It was Baptists 3dr that he was stripping for parts, he rents a garage on my street and needed it gone ASAP, so rather than scrap it its on my drive for a few days till mr quiff comes to collect it.. It was a 1.3 driver thats an insurance write off. not a lot left tho, basically a shell, half an engine and rear axle

If it was something i was building, I'd have said so by now.. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Nothing like family photos  :)

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

Nothing like family photos  :)

I know, I shoul get the MK3 in there as well

Back to the top
lawsy: Saw this and thought of you!! would suit the hof to a T!!

Back to the top
nice one mate…

Might do when i put the other bonnet back on, migthsell the flowers, undecided yet tho

what he needs now tho is an MOT…  :banghead:  :banghead:

Back to the top
Im looking for a cheap bonnet gonna get a bit arty over winter and paint some crazy design on there!
Il do a design and wak it up! might be to your taste  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.