Back to the top
me neither  :dontknow:  :?

Back to the top
think he meant 'in the bin my man'

So many dubs so little time, so much rust

Back to the top
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh got it now, my dislexic fingers again  :lol:

Back to the top
OK today The X5 was into BMW for another of its many many visits recently, so leaving the Employees holding the fort I spent some time removing the Dynamat, which the car is covered in, from the engine bay area.

Also removed the Battery tray and washer bottle holder ect.

The car is covered in this stuff

After a good seeing to with a Heat Gun, scraper and a quick introduction to the grinder…..Job Done

Removed Battery Tray

Back to the top
a word of advice…removing the scuttle panel

i did this some time ago to my mk1, and when the mot was needed, an apk in holland, the s*** hit the fan. i had alot of trouble proving the car was the car on the papers because the vin was missing from the car, even tough i had the piece of metal with the number on it.eventually i had to have the number replaced in a different position by the rdv, the dutch dmv. i was carless while this was done and the paperwork,  about 2 months.

good job on the car b.t.w..

9A,027,278,02A,mikuni r1 carbs,megajolt 36-1,R1 pump,lc1,02J shifter,9J ats…

Back to the top
cool cheers

I have someone to mot the car for me anyway

Back to the top
No harm in stamping the vin number into the drivers side front suspension turret as thats where it was on the early cars, be suprised if most mot testers knew the difference tbh

Back to the top
Yes, i might get it stamped or even weld in the original

Back to the top
i couldn't replace the number myself as the location is listed on the papers for the car, and the location was in little pieces in the garage. it was put on the flat section where you open the rear hatch, above the tail light, with a dot matrix punch printer

9A,027,278,02A,mikuni r1 carbs,megajolt 36-1,R1 pump,lc1,02J shifter,9J ats…

Back to the top
looking good Chris.

Shell looks pretty solid in the engine bay, just a little surface rust.

You're moving at a fair pace now, keep the pictures coming.  :wink:

Cheers, Andrew

Back to the top
cheers andrew

u cummin to the SVAG meet 2nite ??

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Well… What is it called then??? I could do with some "Wonder Goo" for my bay if the engine is coming out!!!   :mrgreen:

I got my Bottle of Engine Degreaser 2day :D Its produced by a local company called T Bonnyman.

Costs him ?20 for a 5 Litre neat Bottle which can be dilluited 1:10 with water. He said if i want anymore then he can make a bulk order. So if anyone wants one let me know and i'll get him to order it. It really is top stuff

Back to the top
Things have went on a bit of a slow down recently

I've sent a load of parts away to the company who are doing Chroming work. Bought some wishbones which are away getting chromed, bought a Chrome rear Axle and a few other bits and bobs to save a mad rush at the last min.

The cars due to go to paint in 11 Days  :D , so once its back I can crack on with the rebuild.

Still gotta decide on Brakes, interior and wheels, some many things so little time.

Back to the top
we need a massive pics overload when it all comes back! 8)

Back to the top
sounds awesome Chris mate.

Alot of chrome. I'm going to project the colour of the final paint work…  :wink:

I'm at uni in Glasgow, so couldnt make the last SVAG meet, but will make a huge effort to attend the Sunday November 5th meet. Maybe we could get a mk1 owners club photo too!  Can you make this buddy?

Cheers, Andrew

Back to the top
Aye are you talking about the SVAG Mega Meet? Im sponsoring the show and shine so i'll be there.

Are you going to Bathgate Trade fair next Sun

Back to the top
Ok the car is prep'd and away to the paint shop   :lol:

Quite sad too see it go actually, got an empty garage now, but it should cum back all nice and painted 8)

Bought up all the panels for the body resto

Arch Repair Panels
Rear Valance
Front Valance
And the typical Filler Neck

Back to the top
nice photo there.

Are you just giving the panels to the body shop to fit, then paint?

Any clues as to the colour yet?  :wink:

Back to the top
AL be down at the shop doing some of the work myself. Gonny keep the colour under wraps till its back :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.