Skip navigation

Project 504...**Its staying **

Back to the top

Project 504...**Its staying **

Ok so IT?S OFFICAL the dirty boring jobs are over…………The project has now moved into the instantly satisfying stage of painting and fitting shiney bits ……..wooo shiney things…………………

Today after talking the mrs into taking the kids away I set about finishing the block. Finished stripping a few bits off then cleaned it up with a grinder, drill and a few wire wheels and it came up not bad.
As the only paint I could find was in Halfords I thought I would give it a go with their own brand Matt Black and I can say its came up ok, quite chuffed about the results.

Before  Pics

After Pics

It was still drying and needs another few coats but you wil lget the picture

Popped over to the garage today as well, the old gypsy truck my mate Mic is working on is finally finished after about 3 months. So after some gentle persuasion, a few drinks this evening, a hangover tomorrow, Monday will see the Mk1 wheeled out of the corner and get STAGE 1 of Painting.

Back to the top
Few more pics  :lol:

The underside was primered but just wasnt covering it right, so some thinned down stonechip done the trick.

9 Bottles later job done  :lol:

Its a dangerous business

Back to the top
Great work!

Nice rotisserie too!

What colour you doin the car?

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

Great work!

What colour you doin the car?

that would just spoil the surprise

Back to the top
Chris, is that an Audi 'bubble' block your using ?

Back to the top

Cero said

Chris, is that an Audi 'bubble' block your using ?

No mate its the 9a from the Corrado\Passat

Back to the top
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Only jokin

Well its is painted ive just not seen it tho, I get it back tomorrow  :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Im sooooooooooo excited,

Oh and i got the new Iphone 2day, now al i need to do is win the lottery and my life is complete

Back to the top
Its only been a Year comming but finaly Stage One of pianting is complete and i can get started rebuilding it again

This is once i got it home and into the garage, just need to get cracking with the rebuild.

Big Thanx to Gav, Lee and Big Bill for lending a hand with moving it……….. Al get the beers in

Back to the top
Nice colour! Lookin very smooth! the build up will be fun with all the nice chrome parts - pack the white gloves!

Back to the top
work looks spot on mate.
how come you didn't have it all painted ?

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
Doing it in 2 stages, theres a lot fo work still to do rebuilding the car so i dont wanna run the risk of damaging it.

Back to the top
I'm assuming you'll refit the majority of little components, and the engine bay stuff (obviously engine, and most else) then it will go back for the top coats. Goes without saying, you'll need to mask up the components well, but judging by how carefully they've masked the steering wheel I think you'll be fine……. Never seen that technique before……

Back to the top

paul_c said

I'm assuming you'll refit the majority of little components, and the engine bay stuff (obviously engine, and most else) then it will go back for the top coats. Goes without saying, you'll need to mask up the components well, but judging by how carefully they've masked the steering wheel I think you'll be fine……. Never seen that technique before……

Im a pioneer………….

Aye its no probelm to mask of the checks and the engine bay……….. My mate the painter does proper classic car resto's for a living and its his prefered route to the finished article so who am i to argue with that :mrgreen:

Back to the top
THAT ENGINE BAY LOOKS SEX!!!!!!!!!!! very nice colour, cant wait to see it finished, when you hoping to get it finished? whats its first show going to be? cant wait to see it in the flesh!!!!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
Hi mate im hoping Ultimate Dubs but thats going to be a big push :dontknow:

Back to the top
when's ultimate dubs? im hoping to get my project done by may, its all ready for paint just a few bits to finish off under the bonnet, your car looks stunning though,the detail is second to none!! love the colour, is it subaru blue? i have booked the body shop and my painter in between christmas and new year so its nice and quiet for him to work.

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

when's ultimate dubs? im hoping to get my project done by may, its all ready for paint just a few bits to finish off under the bonnet, your car looks stunning though,the detail is second to none!! love the colour, is it subaru blue? i have booked the body shop and my painter in between christmas and new year so its nice and quiet for him to work.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…modules.php?name=Calendar

Back to the top
thanks paul_c, might be able to get mine done by then, telfords only about an hour away from me, we could debut them together!!!

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

love the colour, is it subaru blue?

Bmw Estoril Blue

Back to the top
very nice mate, like the colour.

1983 1500 GL Resto

2003 Leon Cupra
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.