Skip navigation

Project 504...**Its staying **

Back to the top

Project 504...**Its staying **

x5pea said

Done it many times b4 mate  :lol:

Im sure al get there in the end  :D

just a few over the last 15 years  :lol: and like you I too have a mk1 in parts at the moment - it seems never ending… keep the pictures coming I look forward to seeing the progress on this build.

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Looks tidy when all primered up! Nice transformation, looks like a lot of work has gone in to this 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Looks tidy when all primered up! Nice transformation, looks like a lot of work has gone in to this 8)

Cheers mate  :lol:

Back to the top
Looking fantastic. Well done mate... 8)

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top

Back to the top
Any more updates on this? Am eager to see it shine.

Back to the top
my money's on Chris keeping stum on picutres for the time being… 8)

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
I know I?ve disappeared off the radar recently but contery to the rumours I am still alive, my company hasn?t went bust nor have I sold the MK1 to some dude in England.

A mate of mine is recently back from Holland and was slightly concerned having heard the greatly exaggerated rumours at MIVW.

Before news of my death hits the Local news, My Mate who is painting the car had taken quite ill recently which prompted a delay in the project, I later realised that all hope of finishing the car for E38 (End of the season) were slim. I?ve also had a lot on with work recently, a house move, Family holiday, plus a new car for myself and the mrs on the horizon meant that i took the call to target finishing the car for next year due to a serious lack of time on my part.

So keep your eyes peeled as the MK1 will be finished and soon hopefully, like a great marketing campaign once announced the best things come to those who wait.

Chris

Back to the top

x5pea said

I know I?ve disappeared off the radar recently but contery to the rumours I am still alive, my company hasn?t went bust nor have I sold the MK1 to some dude in England.

A mate of mine is recently back from Holland and was slightly concerned having heard the greatly exaggerated rumours at MIVW.

Before news of my death hits the Local news, My Mate who is painting the car had taken quite ill recently which prompted a delay in the project, I later realised that all hope of finishing the car for E38 (End of the season) were slim. I?ve also had a lot on with work recently, a house move, Family holiday, plus a new car for myself and the mrs on the horizon meant that i took the call to target finishing the car for next year due to a serious lack of time on my part.

So keep your eyes peeled as the MK1 will be finished and soon hopefully, like a great marketing campaign once announced the best things come to those who wait.

Chris

well I for one am glad to hear this news…. I haven't heard any of this as I'm never in the country of late, but I was wondering how things where going…

mk1's restores always take longer than planned, but are worth it for the end results  :D

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Absolutly stunning work so far mate, if I can get my Cabbie even half as good I'll be a very happy man!

Mon' the Scottish dubs!!  :D

Back to the top
cheers mate i just need to get the thing finished

Back to the top

i lov your car

it's great congratulations

Back to the top
cheers, its not finished yet tho 8O

Back to the top
i love the progress on smoothing the engine.its going to look great.

Looking forward to seeing the updates :)

Back to the top
OK…………..Weer back on track……………..sort off.

Hopefully get some paint on the car by the 1st week in Nov, my mate has promised he will get it done by then. :?

Ive got the block cleaned up, the head is away to be skimmed and the 2nd load of parts for the chromer are waiting to be collected.

Interior wise the seats are done, and the dash is currently awaiting some cow skin.

Im really struggling with wheels at the moment so i cant see me getthing it sorted out soon, but ive got all winter to finalise that one. On the verge of ordering suspension at the moment, but after spending a good few quid on parts recently Mrs X5PEA is giving me sum serious GBH of the Lug hole, so might have to wait a wee bit for them :oops:

Back to the top
What happened with the TV series which was going to feature the car? Is that going to be shown at any stage?

Back to the top

paul_c said

What happened with the TV series which was going to feature the car? Is that going to be shown at any stage?

Hi paul Golf+ were doing a series of monthly features covering the build up dont know if your maybe thinking about that.

Mic was working with a Media company to produce a One off car hoewever it lost funding, it wasnt the golf tho. Sure it was an old hearse if i remember corectly  8O

Back to the top

x5pea said

Sure it was an old hearse if i remember corectly

So the project's dead & buried then….. :D

okay, okay, I'll get my coat…..

Back to the top
comedy genius mate………. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Ive been quiet but heres a quick update

Looking good for finishing for UD's
The Engine is stripped, the head is away to get skimmed, kr cams waiting to go back in and new valves guides ect and im currently cleaning up the block.

The car should be in the first stage of paint in the next few weeks then i just need to start the rebuild.

Ive sent another load of parts away to the get chromed and expect them back in the next few weeks too.

so i should have some interesting pics to update in a few weeks.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.