Back to the top

Piers' 1983 Driver - 20v conversion project

Looks pretty solid,
Nah dont go on CL anymore, just got the mk1 now

Back to the top

RICH234GHA said

Looks pretty solid,
Nah dont go on CL anymore, just got the mk1 now

Yeah I'm really happy with how tidy the shell is. I just go on there for a laugh now really

Back to the top
Love the Lupo. Looks awesome.  :cool:

Back to the top
Lupo sold at dinner time so went and bought a new daily this afternoon. 
Time to get cracked on with the golf! :)

Back to the top
Well done mate, I bet you were sad to see her go.  :(

Back to the top
yeah i was to be honest mate… but strangely not as bothered as i thought id be. I was happy to see it go as it means i can concentrate on saving some money and getting the mk1 done. if i hadnt got the golf i dont think i would have sold it.

i went and bought a punto yesterday afternoon, 1.2 2 lady owners from new, x reg (2000) 57k miles from new, hardly used etc etc… tax to june MOT to october. £500. Bargain…

iv done an insurance quote online and its already £400 cheaper than the lupo to insure nevermind the fuel costs etc. Im going to ring my insurance later and get it all swapped across.
:)  

Back to the top
Sounds like a bargain matey. Be careful your insurance company will probably want £££ off you for changing the policy over from Lupo to Punto.  :(

Back to the top
yeah im going to ring them on my dinner… so far iv been really impressed with them about everything… made it cheaper with the mods on the lupo etc so fingers crossed they will be ok about it. did a quick online quote that came out at £500 so im hoping they can beat that and just reduce the payments… will have to wait and see.

Back to the top
Good luck mate, last time I changed details they wanted £50. Argued with them and got it down to £20.  :P

Back to the top
insurance all sorted. basically my current insurance wanted more than the lupo cost me to insure, bearing in mind the lupo was a Gti and all the modifications were declared like for like, the punto as a completely standard, basic spec 1.2!! it made no sense so i had a ring round and the Co-op have come in at around £400 cheaper than my current insurer… so rang them back to cancel and that was £53… so had to start a new policy elsewhere. Bit of a pain in the rear but has to be done i suppose.
im still saving quite a bit a month now on insurance alone and the fuel costs etc will be minimal compared to the lupo. its going to allow me to save for bits much quicker etc. plus, the lupo was a bit too nice to use everyday. i now have a boot!! haha

Back to the top
Just ordered the engine mount :) not sure how long it will take to arrive but it would be cool if its here before the weekend :)

Back to the top
Nice one mate. Crack on with it once it arrives.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
certainly will do! :D

had an email to say its dispatched which is good!

need to sort the tensioner too as i let the other go with the engine. oops… lol

going over to fetch the box of bits friday now…. iv been saying for weeks im going to sort them but havnt got round to it yet!  :$

I might also be getting a bonus next pay packet so i might treat myself to something fancy. unsure what to get yet! maybe an intercooler… going to treat myself to a nice tool set at the weekend i think.

Back to the top
Really impressed!! the mount arrived about 15 minutes ago. Nicely fabricated, only ordered it tuesday night so massive thanks to whoever sent it… if your on here! :D

will get on it at the weekend and hopefully get the engine in place :)

Back to the top
Good news mate. Looking forward to pics.  :)

Back to the top
Little bit of progress today. Front bumper back on and lights in. Test fitted the new grill. Looks much better. 

Put the black carpet in. Again, looks much better. Seems a little thin so I'm going to put some underlay underneath to cushion it a bit and deaden some sound. 

And finally I got the engine out the shed and upto the garage. As my engine mount has arrived I'm hoping to mount it some time this week or at least this month :) got a tin of hammerite too so might give the block a paint up or wait until its out again later in the year. 

Back to the top
Good work mate. Every little helps as they saying goes.  :cool:

Back to the top
You've got it mate :) 

I'm finding doing little bits at a time quite fun actually. Not setting any targets. Just going with the flow. I am however going to set a target when it's engine time. Want to have all the bits so I can mount it and secure it in a day

Back to the top
Only a small update but picked up a new rear bench at ultimate dubs :) looks better than the old one. Just need to get front seats to match. 

Back to the top
Looks clean matey. How much did you pay?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.