Skip navigation

Piers' 1983 Driver - 20v conversion project

Back to the top

Piers' 1983 Driver - 20v conversion project

smudger1980 said

Looking good buddy  :cool:  :cool:

cheers mate :) slowly getting there.. might have another issue now as the lad who was having the engine doesnt want it anymore so does anyone want a mk2 kr 16v engine? lol… got no history for it. will stick it in classifieds.

Back to the top
Stick it in the classifieds mate I am sure someone will have it for the right money.

Back to the top
iv stuck it in mate :) £250 but open to offers… will see what happens.

Back to the top
Best of luck dude   :thumbs:

Back to the top
Box of parts arriving tonight. most of the 20v parts… ECU, loom, dump valve, sensors etc…

just need to get the KR out, stick the 20v in and get the wiring done.

could be done soon.  :thumbs: just need to sell my lupo to fund it a bit quicker

Back to the top
Cool. Stick some pics up when it all arrives.

Back to the top
will do mate :)

Back to the top
Collected a new grill yesterday. Genuine one to replace the debadged one before. 

Currently organising an engine crane to get the KR engine out. Then order the mount and get the 20v in 

Back to the top

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

haha ok some on the way…

Back to the top
Most of this weekend was occupied by the Lupo. Got a potential viewing next weekend so given it a full service and changed a few bits and bobs. 

I did however manage some golf related time. 

Collected the grill. Nice bargain at £25

Iv agreed to purchase a rear bench too so mines available. 

Picked the engine crane up and an engine stand so got those up to the garage. Going to try and take the engine out one night this week. 

Most of this week will be spent sorting the Lupo but will try and get some time on the golf when I can

Back to the top
Nice one mate. Good luck with the engine removal. :)

Back to the top
thanks mate.. think i need it haha

everything has been far too easy so far… something is going to be hard sooner or later

Back to the top
Sods law dictates it mate. When it does happen take a step back and breathe :lol:

Back to the top
Evening. 

Little update, the kr engine sold on Wednesday night and the lad collected it tonight so out came the tools. Had to do it in the dark as my weekend is occupied with the Lupo. Didn't take too long as most of the parts were out. 

And out it went. 

Next step is to get the 20v down to the garage and on the engine stand. I need to order the engine mount still and due to being crazy busy it's on the back burner for a few weeks. Should have the engine in within a month or so :) 

Back to the top
Nice work mate. Where you getting the engine mounts from?  

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice work mate. Where you getting the engine mounts from?  
Thanks mate. I think I'm going to order the one off the caddy forum. Going to pop up and give the bay a bit of a clean in a minute. 

Back to the top
Nice project you have there Piers, I remmember you / your lupo from a few years back, Iv owned a few lupos but the last you may reconise, club lupo name was little rich

Back to the top

RICH234GHA said

Nice project you have there Piers, I remmember you / your lupo from a few years back, Iv owned a few lupos but the last you may reconise, club lupo name was little rich

Hi mate. Yeah that looks familiar. :) how you doing? You still on clublupo?

Back to the top
Not much happened today due to having a few bits done on the Lupo for the sale. It's all cleaned up and ready to go. Fingers crossed. 

Did however manage an hour on the golf. Only did a bit of cleaning but every little helps. 

Spoke to a mate who is very kindly going to look at the wiring side of things for me and I'm going to look at ordering the engine mount this weekend. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.