Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

nice one guys looks very easy to sort that little idea ,but i think ill use a corsa boss and aftermarket steering wheel ,save dragistic chopping welding of the coloum ,,be stronger and safer  :D

Back to the top
Will the mk1 indicator stalk and wiper stalk fit over the corsa steering column?

Back to the top

bouchay said

Will the mk1 indicator stalk and wiper stalk fit over the corsa steering column?
no ,,but i will make it fit ,,,lol

Back to the top
yep and im another , first ripped the old coloum out and under tray so u can see the old bolt holes

then made some quick brackets so i can mount in the same oringle bolts holes saves chopping the dash frame to bits

roughly how that bit looks

then as mine was and adjustable coloum had to weld a coloum in place so i can use the mk1 cowling and switchers

then bolted the lot up in place

everything fits nicely ,

regards the u joint i split them and simply changed the ends so they clamp up nicely from the rack to the coloum ,and the steering wheel ,i cut it off ,put both parts on the lathe and stick welded it and drilled and peged it ,,,
only thing the under tray i had to nip a bit out for it to fit ,,,

thats the steering sorted ,,

Back to the top
I'm officially jealous of you, of your skills, tools, and what you're building 8O What were the main headaches of the steering rack conversion? You make it look so easy, keep the cracking build updates coming! :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bouchay said

I'm officially jealous of you, of your skills, tools, and what you're building 8O What were the main headaches of the steering rack conversion? You make it look so easy, keep the cracking build updates coming! :mrgreen:
i wish ,its childs play/fun stuff ,3hour job done ,, nothing hard tbh ,theres no need for fabacting mounts to std mk1 dash ,as there aready there ,just 2 simple brackets , so you have 6bolts holding th coloum on 2 rear 2 centre and 2 under the steering wheel std holes/regards the splines ,looks like it will fit but it dosent ,u just get the vw j joint and the corsa u joint and change the 2 ends re tap the pins back in ,sorts that out ,and the top ,i had to cut the coloum the tapper it on lathe ,cut old top of coloum rowters that out ,then drilled and inned it and welded around it just to make sure its not going to break ,, nothing to them ,,, :wink:

Back to the top
you are so modest mate you should be an engineer iv done 3 years at college doin the mechanics course and i still wouldnt be able to do stuff like that but it could have somthin to do with me smoking weed lol cant think without it.
wear abouts in donny are you by the way armthorpe, intake?
i live in scumtake lol cant leave my tools while i get my dinner without them gettin twoked.
do you have any idea about seam welding as im in need of some advise lol
gaz

keep on dubbing

Back to the top

gaz_mk1 said

you are so modest mate you should be an engineer iv done 3 years at college doin the mechanics course and i still wouldnt be able to do stuff like that but it could have somthin to do with me smoking weed lol cant think without it.
wear abouts in donny are you by the way armthorpe, intake?
i live in scumtake lol cant leave my tools while i get my dinner without them gettin twoked.
do you have any idea about seam welding as im in need of some advise lol
gaz
im approx 7 mile from ya ,i know intake a few freind liv other that way ,,its just fun stuff ,cut chop and  make it fit ,,cheers ,what do u want to know regards seem welding if i can help fire away,,,

Back to the top
right for your next project id like to see a v6 bi turbo audi lump fitted but with a twist rear wheel drive

i looked at doing this but lack of space ect stopped me i reckon your right with the cut weld cut weld its childsplay tbh and anyone could do it if they bit the bullet and got on with it

your an inspiration to lots on here for the way you get stuck in  :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

right for your next project id like to see a v6 bi turbo audi lump fitted but with a twist rear wheel drive

i looked at doing this but lack of space ect stopped me i reckon your right with the cut weld cut weld its childsplay tbh and anyone could do it if they bit the bullet and got on with it

your an inspiration to lots on here for the way you get stuck in  :wink:
cool reply well if anyone wishers to donate  ill be glad to do it ,,no problems at all  :lol:

Back to the top
this is still in the pipe line for the future

the main issue is getting a gearbox to fit but i reckon i could use a cossie one and get a bellhousing plate made to match it

i reckon a bi turbo would be a chuckle on the strip wheel stands of the line

plus i recon 600bhp plus just for good measure

it will be interesting to see what the caddy is like all done i reckon it may go a bit  :lol:

keep up the good work

Back to the top

bens_cab said

this is still in the pipe line for the future

the main issue is getting a gearbox to fit but i reckon i could use a cossie one and get a bellhousing plate made to match it

i reckon a bi turbo would be a chuckle on the strip wheel stands of the line

plus i recon 600bhp plus just for good measure

it will be interesting to see what the caddy is like all done i reckon it may go a bit  :lol:

keep up the good work
yearh that be  fun ,just make a adaptorplate to suilt  ive done 4 now all work fine lol

regards caddy ,anything could happern but im willing to try lol
quick pic of the controller which will work for varible steering ,ie light or heavy

not take long to wire this buggar up just to try it anyway ,as its like a tank to steer at mo lol

Back to the top
Hi dude

Ive just been pointed in yr direction by Bens-cab. Truly inspirational.

I bow to your expertise :notworthy:

Can i be your bitch?? :lol:

Keep it up mate im watching this build with eagle eyes now 8)

Back to the top
lol  i think its right people who own v dubs just get nuttyer ,,lol
right guys thats the steering sorted wired it up  2day and it works a treat too ,evern the heater hoses fit back nicely after fitting the moterized coloum ,looks like it was meant to be there,,

and sorted the electrics out on the car ,all working too ,,anther job out the way

just checked old instrument pannel things worked and they do just front incadtors to sort/ as light is staying fadly up on dash when hazards lights are off
and ill have to adapt a differnert speedo set up too as mine has to be electronic

Back to the top
just made a small start on the engine loom today ,sorted all the wires out and which pins are needed,sorted the injector plugs  to fit nicely and wired the wasted spark idea up

and  marked all the rest up too ,#

i want to try to wire the engine up to get it runing for christmass…

Back to the top
now that would be a happy christmas  :D

Back to the top

Phoenix said

now that would be a happy christmas  :D
yep ,piece of mind that the engine maybe ok ,,,lol

Back to the top
ol well i'll have my fingers crossed for you dude as so far its an awesome project.

Back to the top
a couple of updates managed to get a thottle body

then started on the shorter runer intake

Back to the top
Its looking mega.

Did you sort your indicators? I have the same problem. Any suggestions?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.