Skip navigation

my sportline........replaced

Back to the top

my sportline........replaced

ok so ive been on the cabby since about 8am

heres how the paints looking now

not bad for 20 year old paint :cool:

a wee job i had to do to keep a certain white caddy owner happy was this :lmao:  :lmao:

replaced

but more importantly look what i got back 2day :)  :)  :)

so obviously had 2 get them on and take the money shots

get the caps back 2mo as they were still in the booth…im very happy with the new look

thanks for looking

stu

Back to the top
Kinda glad you are at biggar on sun and I am on sat as your car would put mine to shame :wink:  :(  

Seriously the paint looks great as the wheels do to, Ewan has done a great job on them !

Will need to find out about your machine detailing as I can Only do so much by hand

Chris

Back to the top
ta mate,them photos were takin the other day

heres the latest updates (from 2day)

i should have been a blacksmith :lol:
arb bracket
b4

after…..lots of heating,bending hammering…..job done ;)

and got the caps back :)  :)

think thats it ready for volksfling

stu :rthumb:

Back to the top
Was going to sort car wed thu or today but it has rained every day when I got home from work so will do my best in garage later as away at 9 tomorrow as car is on the Lothians Vw stand

Back to the top
couple of pics takin at biggar

and the wee sunday morning convoy from dundee

stu :rthumb:

Back to the top
Weather looks better than it was on Saturday

Back to the top
apart from a 20 min spell it was rubbish weather,i only stayed 3 hours

Back to the top
Managed to last 5 hrs but wasnt much happening except sheltering from the rain. Took kids and wife and had picnic in big tent when it was blowing a gale and honking down, Scotland and summer doesnt go  :(

Back to the top
Lovin the white sebrings...

Back to the top
hi
am having the car lowered tonight

and as this thread is my insperation. thanks very much. im going to do it as you said. can i just ask have you still got it 45 front and 50 rear - and are you happy? also what polish did you use or would you recomend as i want to getthe buffer out :)

cheers

Back to the top
thanks man,lol….yeah still got the same ride height,not comfy but thats not waht its about ;)

i would recommend u not to buff unless u r experienced,paint on these can be very thin and varied to say the least…

can u send me a link to your mk1 so i can have a peep

stu ;)

Back to the top
hello

ah fair enuf what you recomemd to bring the shine up with ?!?!?

and yeh i will lol once i work out how to use phtot bucket. i think my computer geek friend is going to give me a lesson tomoz. ill upload some pics then:)

Back to the top
Autoglyms super resin polish is great by hand and then 2 coats of collinite wax then 1 coat of turtle wax gloss shine. Well that's what I do and the paint is looking the best ever and all done by hand ad I too am scared of mechanical aids:-(

Back to the top
personally would not recommend any of the above tbh but it depends what level u want to take it too and what nick its in at the mo…

i use mostly meguiars polishes,there are numerous grades so it depends what ure working with…. but i machine polish,if u use a polish and are satisfied with the results i would recommend u to then use poorboys wax,its brilliant….my opinion of course

stu ;)

pm me if u want… if u have any questions about paint correction mate

Back to the top
Cheers Stu I now look like a tit  :cry:

I thought the srp done a decent job and just got the collinite so still to judge properly so I will just keep quiet in future  :redfaced:

When are you going to do mine for me  :wink:

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Cheers Stu I now look like a tit  :cry:

I thought the srp done a decent job and just got the collinite so still to judge properly so I will just keep quiet in future  :redfaced:

When are you going to do mine for me  :wink:

lol,it was just my opinion….

got details booked up till september 8O …

Back to the top
I have never heard of poorboys wax I will look it up, I used harleys wax until I just got the collinite and thought the harleys did a decent job but trying collinite after it came top in auto express test  :dontknow:

I can come over in September for you to work your magic ad long ad your not too expensive  :wink:

Back to the top
it would prob have to be the 2nd half of october mate….just pm me nearer the time ;)

some pics of the cabby i just found on the computer

;)

Back to the top
couple takin at last nights meet

;)

Back to the top

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.