Skip navigation

My mk1 resto

Back to the top

My mk1 resto

also where did you buy the smart looking t- pieces from thx

Back to the top
Yes compensator fitted on each rear line. You can see them screwed directly into the master cylinder. Think they are cabriolet ones, were expensive wee jobbies at time but served the purpose. The T pieces I got from a normal car parts outlet locally.

Back to the top
thanks and your front  brakes did you use gti ones.

Back to the top
Brakes are new scirocco 16v stuff from vw. 256mm

Back to the top
1st time I have seen this and must say, what a fantastic build. Great attention to detail! A credit to you :thumbs:

Back to the top
Same here, first time I've seen this thread, what a lovely car this! :wub:

Back to the top
Just looked at your build again the brake compensators where did you buy them from because I am after something  like that and what is the pumping sequence if you dont mind me thx

Back to the top
Got them from vw directly. They are plumbed in diagonally as in split back front left right.

Back to the top
do you still have the part number mate thx

Back to the top
is the golf still good as when you finished the build , any chance putting more photo just to see what it is looking like mate, to be honest its the best build on the forum.

Back to the top
I will have a look for the part number. Yes it is looked after like a baby lol still as clean as ever. Never out in the rain! Only about 1600miles on it since finishing it.

Back to the top
hi did you manage to get the part number mate.

Back to the top
Just realised my car is painted 10 years this month! Wow... Time flying...

Back to the top
Just had a good noisy through your thread. Very impressive.

Sticker Pig

Back to the top
Usually give the underside a clean once a season and was planning on attending Castlewellan GTINI show so thought no better time!

Was very dusty and grimey but sponge and hot water had it back to normal! Some GT85 spray on the stainless had it shining again too!

Then same with inner guards

And bit of a clean in engine bay area

Nice to get a 10 of the best nod at the show! Nice laser cut stainless trophy and bag of Kleen Freaks car care stuff!

Back to the top
Your car is looking mint as always!!

Congrats on winning a rather nice trophy too!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wow - still looks fantastic…

That is sooooo clean underneath.  O_o

Back to the top
Carbs4ever ,were you over for the vw festival at harewood house a few years back?

Back to the top
Sorry for delay replying Spen! No haven't been at harewood 

Back to the top

Always like adding to or improving the car - one niggle was the throttle linkage so upgraded from first mangoletsi version which I put on carbs when building to their new version and it is quality kit - so much better and it's adjustable for spring tension and no sloppiness also throttle firmly snaps shut when off the pedal.. Old one didn't as linkage was plastic at both ends this one metal and all moving parts in bronze bushes! Result!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.