Skip navigation

My mk1 resto

Back to the top

My mk1 resto

carbs your car is beautiful! completely flawless!!!!! if u dnt mind the question what size did u jet ur webers and where is the crank case breather on these blocks that youve got the catch tank attached too?
cheers, boyle

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
fairly new to the site but you've done an awesome job, does give me motivation to get out in the cold garage and get on with mine i'm only at the strip down stage. Cracking effort

if it\'s got tits or tyres it\'s gonna be trouble

Back to the top
Felt washers are obselete - so i didn't use any - just a little grease on the pins - no issues. I think the felt washer was just there to probably hold a little oil and act as lubrication… but it's fine without or you could just punch some from a bit of felt?

boyle_sbd - they are dellortos… can get the jet details if you need them? crank case breather is on the front of the block beside oil filter attachment

Back to the top
thanks Harry

Back to the top
cheers mate, jet details would be sweet.jus need to noo what sort of size is a good start for a 16v. thanks for the info dude

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
Really love the carbs, total inspiration, great work!

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
Over a year without an update!

Got a couple more trophies last summer and have been enjoying driving it :) it is loosening up well and is very torquey!

Little pic taken by photographer at the show:

With a combination of different engine, different gearbox and original 1.3 driver clocks and despite trying all the drive cogs on the cable the speedo still read too fast.

So fitted a GPS speedometer from  http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/ds100-gps-micro-speedometer-259-p.asp

Just mounted this on the dash and it is very easy to read and only needed a live and an earth! original speedo was over 10mph out - this records miles and max speed! and is very accurate! great job!

And a general dash completed pic - also mounted the fuel toggle switch on the lower right of the dash and it is illuminated until switched on and is one of the covered ones!

Next up is some form of front anti roll bar - not sure i can run the normal one due to exhaust diameter and four branch etc… have a few ideas

Will update as i make progress!

Back to the top
really nice long build process here, not seen it before and it sure is awesome stuff mate...keep it up and well done.

Back to the top
Wow, just read the whole thread, really nice effort very nice indeed!

Back to the top
Great job mate :-)

Wšrthersee Tour 11

Wittenberge 08,09

Rothenburg 08

Schafflund 07,08,10

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=111433

Back to the top
Great to see you out enjoying it and picking up some awards, and deservedy so to :wink:

Good job on the electronic speedo to, mine is out to, but under reading!

Dash install looks nice and tidy to.

Back to the top
Great Build post. Where about around Lisburn are you? I'm near Dromara and have just brought a MK1 GTi over from the UK. Well done with the build really amazing.
Andy

Back to the top
Cheers guys. Yes speedo is a great job… No more guessing and the max speed recall is a fun addition!

Andy im not in Lisburn… Get a build thread going of your new purchase…

Back to the top
Only another few weeks and then tax disc time!!!

Back to the top
Great looking car you have their,

Can I ask what size/type of fuel line and fittings you are running and length would be great as well,

Where did you get them from

Cheers

Andy

Back to the top
I can't recall the exact size. I got it from a Motorsport shop in Ballymena. They had carbs there in the shop and just matched it to the fuel union.

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

I can't recall the exact size. I got it from a Motorsport shop in Ballymena. They had carbs there in the shop and just matched it to the fuel union.

Cheers, think I will go with 8mm/AN6 as that seems to be the standard size I have seen most.

Back to the top
WOW!
Truly inspirational…

Back to the top
EPIC!

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
hi just wondering about your rear brakes have you a brake compensator valve fitted of some sort.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.