Skip navigation

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

Back to the top

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

thanks smudger! I wish i could spend more time on it but i have a lot on my plate at the moment with uni work (i'm in my third year) ive also just started my own business up and also working part time at sainsburys the golfs at the bottom of my priorities really :/ hopefully tho i should have a good few days on it over easter :)

powered by student finance......

Back to the top
Car looks great mate, love the allycats, I really want a set of them!!

Back to the top
Great car!.. Hope to see it in the flesh soon.

Back to the top
thanks guys, hopefully it will be at all types!

Back to the top
been swamped with Uni work at the moment but i managed to get a few better pics of it today :)

Back to the top
on other news... ive bought a zender spoiler! looking at getting some GTi arch trims (again, after selling my perfect condition OE ones :( ) and also got a kamei bonnet scoop in the pipeline!

Back to the top
Really like the colour mate. I expect it won't be to everyones taste but it gets my vote  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks Smudger! I really want to have it with a few period modification hence the zender and kamei purchases! also going to be relocating the cd player to the drivers side of the dash underneath so i can have gauges in the radio slot

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan to me matey. Keep the pics coming.  :cool:

Back to the top
picked up a ABD gearbox today! dunno if anyone has a mount going spare? mines different to the new one! Also moved the car into a new unit yesterday and started sanding the inside for a fresh lick of paint, anyways! heres a pic of wheres it sat now, next to my mates mk2 currently being restored with a BAM engine and buggati veyron seats  

also in other news, just starting a new blog up of me and my mates as we have a fair few projects/interesting cars going on… Mk2 polo track car, my golf, ABF mk2, BAM engined mk2, S14 200sx (soon to be competing) xr2 on throttle bodies (just ran a 13.5sec 1/4mile) and a few more that i cant think of off the top of my head!

Back to the top
Sounds like you've got your work cut out with all thos projects mate. The XR2 sounds an interesting one. Any pics of her?

Back to the top

There you go! we will be posting more pics onto the blog soon

www.homegrownheroes.tumblr.com

Back to the top
Owwwwwwwww Trumpets!!!  :cool:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
The noise it makes is insane! pretty lucky really all my friendship group got to know each other through BMXing then moved on to cars, which I'm sure is the same for a fair few people on here! Only got three weeks left of uni now, so its heads down butt up time! the blog will be getting sorted after that it will be updated daily as ill have a month of working 12 hours a week and having no uni work! will be basically living at the unit!