My 1982 16v

Back to the top

My 1982 16v

Few more pics of work done on the car

Its starting to look more like a car again  :thumbs:

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Been getting some work done on this, after getting the wiring looms for the engine bay back in I found out that half the light dont work, the problem is with the connectors at the fuse box, so I have decided to convert from the early fuse box to the later CE1 fuse box with blade fuses. I was lucky to get a complete loom on ebay, and it looks in very good condition.

Old dash loom

new dash loom

Back to the top
Thats the mk1 now fitted with the later type CE1 fuse box and loom, also spent a lot of time wiring in the ISV using the same connections as vw did, took a bit longer but its a nice tidy job now

Back to the top
Almost got the mk1 done now, still not had it running yet, still got the exhaust to fit, engine bay is  just about all done now

Back to the top
some great progress, looking good  :thumbs:

matt

Back to the top
Just got the mk1 to start, I had a lot of trouble with the injection system, turned out to be a fault with the metering head, funny thing is it was working when I took the car apart in November. It just needs a good tune up to make sure everything is ok. Got a lot of wee bits to do to finish it off and green tint windows to fit

Back to the top
Looking good mate!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
last night i got the emissions and ignition timing set, I also set the camber on the front wheels, tonight I got the tracking set,, think I'm almost finished

Back to the top
Passed the MOT today, still got many things to do to tidy it up a bit, still to fit front spoiler too, got a pic on the way home

Back to the top
Well done looks fantastic  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks, I just need my wages next week and I can afford to tax it, then i can use it  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Its been a busy time again, got the mk1 out twice, and I have just bought a house, it came with this garage and car port

The garage looks good but it had seen better days so i took it down the build a new one, got a few pics of the build

and a pic of the inside

I can fit the mk1, the mk2 and the hilux inside it

Back to the top
Wow! That is a cool garage the golfs deserve it!

Back to the top
Thanks, its a bigger garage than I thought I would ever get  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Great garage Allan!  :thumbs:

How are you getting on with that car lift? I've been thinking about one of those for a while as opposed to a 2-post lift but can't make my mind up!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks, the car lift is really good, I have had it for about 6 years, its very heavy to move about but i think the new ones have small wheels on the front to let you move it, its not so good for fitting new exhausts, I couldnt work on a car with out it now, is good for working on the brakes and good for removing the engine from the mk1, you just lift the car over the engine, if your ever going to be up here on west coat of Scotland let me know, you can come see it

Back to the top
Thanks for the info Allan - and thanks for the offer too. I'd like to say I'd be up there soon but I guess not.

Shame, as I love the area  :cool: My late Grandfather lived in Polbain - such a beautiful place  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Decided it was time for the mk1 to get a coat of wax, also taxed it yesterday ready for summer

There are too many online users to list.