Mk1 Gti soon to be dumping

Don't know

Still don't know
The question
You do not have permission to vote

Back to the top

Mk1 project slow

http://bit.ly/17OsK1B

I bought this techniclutch kit on eBay as I thought it was a good buy. Then my mate started reading bad reveiw after bad reveiw off his phone.
Anyone know anything about them or anybody using them???

Iv not paid it yet but got it for £160!!

Any input/ suggestions would be massively appreciated I'm looking to keep the price down and don't need anything special but its got to be decent.
Thinking going oem again as had probs with fancy flys before

Really need these parts now so I can get on

Last edit: by Dubbuds

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

http://bit.ly/17OsK1B

I bought this techniclutch kit on eBay as I thought it was a good buy. Then my mate started reading bad reveiw after bad reveiw off his phone.
Anyone know anything about them or anybody using them???

Iv not paid it yet but got it for £160!!

Any input/ suggestions would be massively appreciated I'm looking to keep the price down and don't need anything special but its got to be decent.
Thinking going oem again as had probs with fancy flys before

Really need these parts now so I can get on

I paid under £250 for my OEM G60 flywheel which I had lightened and balanced properly by hotgolf on club gti, a Sachs clutch kit from euro carparts on 25% discount and the bolts etc needed for the friction plate. Didn't cost the earth but I did it properly, it feels exactly like a standard 1.8T and revs much quicker. Do it properly mate, speak to hotgolf, he will sort it out for you. I bought a used G60 flywheel off eBay with the part number hotgolf gave me, and he exchanged it for me for one he had lightened already. Took 3 days to turn it around. 

Don't buy cheap on vital components mate, especially high speed rotating masses lol

I've also read a lot of awful reviews about the tekniclutch kit. 

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
Yeah that's the way to go oem and a luk clutch or something similar! It was just the price that swayed me! Il look into getting one then see about getting it lightened.. I took the one out my mk2 to a local engine building firm but I think they weren't keen and it was to be mega wedge so I just left it.

Cheers for the heads up 90

Back to the top
Hey just a mini update to keep my build alive:)
Im actually starting to forget iv got this..
Picked up a oem flywheel
and a luk vr6 clutch.
also started to get the gearbox ready for putting it in.

How it was

Started to clean it up

Washing it down

Gave it a lick of paint and started to replace the bolts

Not the clearest of pics.
I need to get a release fork and spring now, then get my mounts powder coated and the rubbers inserted. All this week hopefully as this wkend is booked for the Mk1 :)

Back to the top
Nice work mate... :thumbs:

Back to the top
progress is progress mate  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks guys. Finding it hard to find the time to do anything never mind this :lol: Plodding away thou that's the last bit of prep really. Just going to order a release fork and its spring get that ticked off the list

Back to the top
Rolled the mk1 out today to see some sun and tidy the garage a bit. Since I was fixing the mk2 at the same time I never got much done.

Got the lower sill trim on and trial fitted the bbs while they were off the mk2.
Before

After

Bbs at far to wide to be practical unless I raise it right up.
This is the spacer at the rear which I'm going to remove

Does anyone know where I can get a pipe that fits between the filler neck and tank?

Passenger side still to do lol

Got the door alligned perfectly now thou ready for the black stripe to go on.
Stuck the back lights on to

Pretty chuffed with the trim and stickers managed to get it all straight  :lol:
Couple shots

Couldn't get clear shots as the sun was so bright.

Back to the top
Should get the mounts from the powder coaters and parts from VW  this week so. Could get it in soon :thumbs:
Also got the sunroof out and the stickaflex* ready for bonding the roof on.

Also this is the spare boxed one. Will be selling these now I think.
Totally copying the ones on the right when mk1s ready :wub:

Window runner bars to be powdercoated before I can get them in to.

Back tucked up waiting for next time :)

Back to the top
The BBS look really smart on the MK1 mate. You can get the filler pipe on eBay. :)

Back to the top
Cool iv had a look a few times couldn't see anything. If I new the diameters I'd just get anything.

The pictures have uploaded blurry which is a shame.

It was quite a bit of work drilling the body for the lower trim. Wasnt a nice job to be sticking a drill into the side of car but it had to be done.

Next side will be much quicker.
Also got the tailgate sticker to go on and loads of other oem like stickers from ebay. Looking forward to that just need to find the right locations for them :thumbs:

Back to the top
mk1 looks very nice  :)  

i had great trouble finding the correct sized hose when i replaced my fuel filler, size is 40mm inside diameter x 165mm long if i can remember correctly

I could only ever find 38mm which i couldn't get on :P or 42mm which is what i used  :lol:

but i'm pretty sure vwheritage now sell the correct hose, probably a bit pricy though, i should really replace mine with the correct one :lol:

'83 formel e

Back to the top

Back to the top

ned_h said

Cheers for the info and the link mate. Il get on it :thumbs: 

Back to the top
gsf sell the fuel  pipe joiner.

Back to the top
Yeah mate il sell you it I'm not going to use it.

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Yeah mate il sell you it I'm not going to use it.

Hi Mate,

Are you agreeable to my suggestion of a tenner for the badge, I can Paypal you if you are. ?

Where are you based mate ?

Cheers

David

:thumbs:

1991 Golf GTi Rivage - Show Car 1983 Golf driver - Restoration Project

Back to the top
Yeah il get my brothers PayPal to you tomorrow night. From Falkirk mate

Back to the top
Got some bits done but got held up with a silly 10p part being missing from the box :o hopefully I can find one tomorrow.

Had the mounts powder coated

Got some more stainless nuts and bolts

Got some nice new vag boxes today but forgot to take a pic of it all with being eager to get it all on. Plus the old water pump went back in the new box. 
Timing belt

Oil filter, sump bolt and washer

Also a new water pump and 16v manual tensioner.

All fitted. Got the mount insert pressed in today to. That was tuff going :o

Going to put a stud in the block for the tensioner sometime to.

Got the flywheel and clutch on with the box so I could time up the new belt.

Fitted a new release fork and spring to. Hopefully more pics tomorrow and clearer ones if I can find the part I need :ninja:

Back to the top
Well found the 10p part in the scrappy which ended up being zero p, and without stealing it :lol: 
Cracked on with it and was a bit of a wrestle with no hoist.. Just a big jack and a strap.
10p part

Had the back gearbox mount on the wrong side at first :)

Old school engine entry

Good day at last  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.