Skip navigation

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Back to the top

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Back to the top
Quick note, Passed 2nd MOT straight through :-) 
Anyone any ideas what she's worth from pics & full mot? 

Back to the top
Set of coilovers for the mk1. Any tips when fitting?

Back to the top
What make are those Steve?

Back to the top
Ebay cheapies only £160 brand new. Not like its a track day car. Just got them for the lowered stance. Seller is unit3tuning. Saod they have a set for my 4motion V6. Mmmmm? 

Back to the top
Stick vaseline on the threads so when you come to adjust in the future you can clean off and the threads will be tidy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers for that. Was going to use a little copper grease on all the adjustable parts, new top bearings & rubbers. The P Slots should look sweet tucked up in the arch. They go 20mm - 120mm lower 

Back to the top
I actually copper grease the tread and wrap it to death with leccy tape, sticking the tape to its self..

Once you've spent three hrs trying to loosen seized adjuster rings you'll never want to do it again!  :lol:

Back to the top
Copper grease would work too - wrapping too although heard mixed results with that so thought best not to mention!

Doing both I guess means that the road dirt and grit wont stick to the grease/vaseline in the first place!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Sits nice & low now dropped 70mm lower maybe a few more when settles in. Looks loads better

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Still going strong :) them problems with cutting out were all fuel related ie. Rust in tank, unblocked, few filters now sweet as a nut 
Have a new tank to fit one day, 2nd hand one but clean as a whistle & powder coated, only thing is looks like it has the swirl pot & 2 extra pipes on the side? Any one know if of to block these & if it'll fit Ok? 
Also just added some plastic arches & fitted the original grill with a black VW & red outline 

Back to the top
Sorry for double post can't find delete button, doing this from my phone 

Back to the top
No worries Steve deleted the double post for you mate.

She looks lovely and shiny :)

Back to the top
took the mk1 to bugjam this weekend &  got some great looks &  thumbs up, ran smooth & did over 200miles round trip,  she looked ace going up the A1, had a few issues with broken fuel pump last week after 2 that failed after 2mins got a peirburg that been sweet, 

Back to the top
long time no posts…..
got round to fitting a new fuel tank & filler neck ,as you can see a bloody great rot hole in the pipe where the rust/water was getting in.
all running smoothly now

Last edit: by stevebones

Back to the top
Been rubbing the old Pirelli P-slots down & had them sprayed like new ,going to fit some slight stretched tyres next & refit when get some summer sun

she's off the road for winter,as son drove 40 miles every day for work & wasn't the best in winter , im going to insure for me & tax after spring ready for some shows & skegvegas.
We're still going to keep for some years yet as i know we'll never afford another as good ,
joels brought a 9n polo for main drive now,nice 1.4 16v sport with full electrics ,such a luxury after 2 years of the mk1

Last edit: by stevebones

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.