Skip navigation

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Back to the top

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Woohoo, a big thumbs up from me, keep up the good work. :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Looking good there, it'll be the best first car your son could ever have! Looking forward to seeing how you's get on! Not trying to use your thread as an advert but if you are after a set of chrome centre caps (original VW, in very good condition with new clips) for your steels then i have a set for sale, would set the car off nice if you are planning on keeping the steels :)

Give me a shout if your interested, great work so far, interior looks brand new now, i love the hounds tooth style seats! Only ever seen them in 1 other MK1 :D

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top

white_78 said

Looking good there, it'll be the best first car your son could ever have! Looking forward to seeing how you's get on! Not trying to use your thread as an advert but if you are after a set of chrome centre caps (original VW, in very good condition with new clips) for your steels then i have a set for sale, would set the car off nice if you are planning on keeping the steels :)

Give me a shout if your interested, great work so far, interior looks brand new now, i love the hounds tooth style seats! Only ever seen them in 1 other MK1 :D

Thanks  iv been looking for some centre caps on ebay ,if you want to PM me a price & how i can pay you i'll have them off you  Paypal prob easy ?
We're looking at keeping the steelys & keeping the retro original style but with a few twists like the stereo, clear indicator lenses, & am just about to order a pair of German style metal pressed number plates
Suns out again so a bit more rust spot removal & primer ready for a spray over  will get more pics as i go

Back to the top
Looks lovely mate  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Weldone

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
getting there

New discs & pads

Euro stlye plates & clear indicators

Back to the top
finally got round to respray  :D

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Wow, very shiny, nice one!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
very nice mate well impressed.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
My brother had a red five door for his first car,we had loads of fun with it. Hope your son has the same :D Looks like a great example

Back to the top
Just great,I hope it is well driven as I know what I was like at that age and would hate to see pictures of it in a hedge somewhere.
Nice to see another small block in full glory :D

Back to the top
Daft question but what is the diffrence between the formel e and the 1.1 golf

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
im loving this!!! great find!

Back to the top

allana13 said

Daft question but what is the diffrence between the formel e and the 1.1 golf

i think its gearbox & a mpg meter maybe the front lower spoiler too ?

Back to the top
The formul E has a higher conpression ratio engine still 1.1,different gear ratio's top gear is much higher and the dash is different i.e fuel consumption indicater front spoilers are as basic models.only the GTI had the bigger spoiler as far as I know. :D

Back to the top
A few other bit to tidy her up

Back to the top
Just got this  badgeless grill  :)

Back to the top
Wow! That looks great after a polish! 8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.