Skip navigation

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

Back to the top

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

Yeh I think this is it… http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=90126

When I was on the forum the other day at work someone said his cousin had a MK1 he might be selling! Result! But if I bought probably wouldnt be allowed to do this one too :( Anyway, let me know what you think! I know its a mess atm :(

Rich

Back to the top
oh yeh iv alredy seen that thread, have you made any progress? i reckon it would be alot better whn its stripped down, makes it easier to se whats goin on, also if you have a garage, i dont have a garage nor a drveway

Back to the top
I do have a garage but my parents golf goes in that and my drive is like a mountain! So might just leave it at the farm and cover it with tarpaulin. Haven't really had the time to make any progress, I have pulled it out a bit more and put some wheels on it so it rolls better and thats about it tbh. Hopefully when its nice I'll go down and take the interior out and put it all in the barn and see what its like.

Whats the story behind yours anyway?

Back to the top
well it was reeli wierd, it was my sisters 16th birthday and i was talkin to my cousin about mk1 golfs, he used to have 1 or 2, and he was like if you get one al let you do it up at mine in the garage, an i was like oh yeah cool, and the next day i was takin rubbish to the skip with my dad and drove past a road an i just seen like a glimpse, an i was like am sure i just seen a mk1, so i told my cousin and he went down there and rang me when he was there and he was like, ben this is a reeli tidy golf yano and iv just asked the man if he wants to sell it and i was like ok kool, iv just got a big tax rabte so il take it for whateer he says, and the guy wanted 500, so i got dibbs on it, when we went down i got there and we got it runin and my cousin pointed out it was a swallowtail, and told me to act like i didnt want it as much as i did haha, so actually i got it for 480, i got all the paper work with it and it had 1 previous owner from new before me, and iv seen where they lived, a little house with a garage tucked away, just wanted to see where my car had been all the time, i even think the tyres that where on it where almost original, they where the oldest tread pattern id seen!

Back to the top
Thats awesome! Wish I could find one in that condition for that price mate! Amazing find! The blokes from work has a Corrado engine in it I think and he's done a fair amount to it so probs wants far too much for it! Anyway good luck with the car, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Rich

Back to the top
vr6 engine, yeh wont be cheap thanks, and thanks, good luck to you too, try get it nice n dry

Back to the top
1.4 afh on webers, keep it small block, keep it carbed & easy to reverse the mods.

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
what that 1.4 engine from?

Back to the top
any more pics and updates mate, retro cool

Back to the top

16vseries1 said

any more pics and updates mate, retro cool
av not yano man, time with the car has flown past iv not done anythin for a long time, spose its cause nothin has broke haha, towards july im gettin a respray so spose al have to take some snaps, my aim is to get the bumpers refurbed too and the steelies, just hit the car with its rightful parts and just get it ready for a sale in sept, love the car to bits and it may be rare has chicken lips but i need speed and noise, which this dont got i spose

Back to the top
Is this car still around? Any update?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.