Skip navigation

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

Back to the top

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

well for people who like to keep the mk1 standard then you may not be interested, iv fitted coilovers and my dads old alloys he had ages ago, the car isnt slammed! but the ride height is good, i love cars that ride lower and im pretty much used to it with my old mini, only things i have done to the swallowtail really is coilovers and alloys, waiting to fit the cambelt aswell, and buying a new aifilter which should have arrived this week! some pictures so far…

not that low by the way was jacked up at the front^^^

^^my mini in the background^^ if you know anyne who wants it for £1000 :),
well they seem to be the latest pictures i have, rear arches need tidying up duno if the pitures show you, and i need new drivers side rear light, and gona buy nicer wheels

Back to the top
Standard rims would look so much better.

Bumpers and correct indicators are really needed here.

Back to the top
Nice swallowtail. Cant beleive how lucky you were to get it at that price. This has loads of potential.. Are you putting the bumpers back on once straightened? And what wheels are you planning on getting?

Back to the top
i have got the original wheels the original suspension and the bumpers too, whilst i have it i wont use the original suspension or the wheels, the bumpers are slightly bent and missing one plastic end cap which i am lookin for on ebay, depending on how well i get the bumpers lookin will determine  if they go back on, i like the no bumper look just as much as the bumper on look,  not hard to put them back on takes cople of minutes, and im not too sure on wheels tbh, iv always liked bbs but they are too common on mk1`s, and i wouldnt be spending over 500 on rims, im a cheap skate

Back to the top
The things id do to find something like this for 500! :| you really dont wana know!  :redfaced:

Back to the top
i need to goto some vw meets or somethin i dont see any ohter mk1s these days and i wana see how everyone else is doin i only see cabbys

Back to the top
Have a look at this and think again about the steels.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=60124&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Not hatin' on ya, sod all that; just think you have something real special there and you could easily
create something very cool.

Have a look at the Team Wackeldackel site too for some inspiration.

http://teamwackeldackel.blogspot.com/

Steve

Back to the top
nah i prefer wider wheels, i like how the steelies look just as thin as bycycle wheels, id have a banded set anyday of the week thats the way forward

Back to the top
I do like this. Would you consider selling it? I'd be up for buying it.

'79 GL - Jack's back!

Back to the top
not for sale sorry mate :) iv had offers and turned them down, al start drivin it in under tw weeks ad iv just got a nice deal off footman james :D sorry dude

Back to the top
That's a shame. If you do change your mind let me know. I'd he happy to talk to you about a price.

Cheers

Flan

'79 GL - Jack's back!

Back to the top

Flan said

That's a shame. If you do change your mind let me know. I'd he happy to talk to you about a price.

Cheers

Flan

i think we all have offered him money lol

Back to the top
ha maybe, im deffo gettin a year out of it, depending on how my year goes :D then we will see

Back to the top
That's cool. Let me know if you change your mind sooner.

'79 GL - Jack's back!

Back to the top
Wow what a car. Gotta keep it simple in my mind. Do it justice and take off those wheels! 8O

"Shake N' Bake"

Back to the top
Looks Good mate

What are your plans with it.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
the skinnyness of the original wheels make me wana be sick, so il do myself justice and keep the alloys on, want them a diff colour, my car my wheels ner ner ;~), and plans are to get it as tidy as possible, nice wheels aint decided which ones yet tho, and gona sort it out with a new paintjob same colour, new manifold and probs exhaust, same design as whats on it now but s/s, then thats it really haha, im affraid the more things to this car i do or anyne in the same situation causes the value to go down : / i have still got everythin for it tho, i dont understand tho its my car al do what i like, if i ever sell it i can spend about 2 hours putting original suspension back on and wheels no big deal :D

Back to the top

benjib5650 said

the skinnyness of the original wheels make me wana be sick, so il do myself justice and keep the alloys on, want them a diff colour, my car my wheels ner ner ;~), and plans are to get it as tidy as possible, nice wheels aint decided which ones yet tho, and gona sort it out with a new paintjob same colour, new manifold and probs exhaust, same design as whats on it now but s/s, then thats it really haha, im affraid the more things to this car i do or anyne in the same situation causes the value to go down : / i have still got everythin for it tho, i dont understand tho its my car al do what i like, if i ever sell it i can spend about 2 hours putting original suspension back on and wheels no big deal :D

fair play, its ur car…do as you please mate.

Back to the top
indeeed :)

Back to the top
wow, what a find, i always wanted one in red.

look after her mate 8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.