Skip navigation

Mk1 1.6 Gti Project Rot Box!!! BAD NEWS!!

Back to the top

Mk1 1.6 Gti Project Rot Box!!! BAD NEWS!!

WOW - just wow.
Just read through this whole thread, some amazing work, going to be starting this on mine in the spring, looking forward to the updates!
Alex

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
wow, just been reading through your project, some work there, keeps me inspired to gert on with mine (which has stopped at mo), you done a cracking job of those wheels, looing forward to next updates

chris n helen

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
cheers for the comments guys mean alot

i am back on this soon so keep your eye's peeled for a update :)

Banner

Back to the top
Just read throught the whole thread. I know its been said a hundred times but this is unbelieveable. Well done sir  :notworthy:
Hows it coming along now?  :D

1983 Golf 1.3 driver

Back to the top
Just caught up on the last 20 pages or so since I last was about here - my god you've been busy! Top work jelly ;)

And what I can't work out is how come the side of your house and driveway aren't red from all the sanding and painting!! (hat off to you doing such a great job under a gaybo too!)

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Quality work there Jelly

Well done

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
cheers guys

it been a long time since i last touch this, need to get my arse into gear and get on it again

soon hopefully!!!

Banner

Back to the top
We await mate  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
well after a massive chance in circumstances this is now up for breaking :cry:

didn't think i'd ever give up on this but with lossing my job and many other things including a growing golf family :)

this has to go

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry to hear that Jelly.
Hope all goes well mate

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
This is bad news, I wish you well mate.

T

Back to the top
Bloody shame fella, after the graft you put in to it too.
I fully understand though.
At least you got babs and the cabby.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no way, i feel robbed yet again this month lol i loved this thread, i totaly understand where your coming from kinda half considering it my self,  with other comitments its probly best i just buy a ready made then mine thats needs bits and bobs and a lick off paint, hey ho

Back to the top
I've just spent the last hour or so reading this project thread and I am lost for words!!You have jumped every hurdle that has been put in front of you.You are a very talented person.I am gutted to read that you are breaking it after all the hard work you have put into it!!!!

Back to the top
I think we all feel your pain for you having to scrap this :( an awe inspiring amount of effort put in.  Lets just hope its bits save many other mk1s and then its all worth while.

Back to the top

geejah said

I think we all feel your pain for you having to scrap this :( an awe inspiring amount of effort put in.  Lets just hope its bits save many other mk1s and then its all worth while.

yep, im having the bonnet and the tailgate if there genuine and strait!

Back to the top
it is a shame but hopefully it should save a few more :)

Banner

Back to the top
Wow… gutted for your loss… almost feels like i'm raping you by asking for parts… :(

I have been after a windscreen for forever tho… Do you have one going jelly?

White '82  Tintop 1800 Golf GTI

Back to the top
no windscreens sorry

but loads of other parts avalible :)

Banner

Back to the top
Just read this from start to finish… I can safely say I have never seen such a rusty Mk1!! WOW!!! Great work bringing it back though, massive shame you couldn't finish it! Hats off to you sir.

Joe

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.