Skip navigation

Lemon Yellow Tin top Restoration

Back to the top
Trial fitted my door. Some adjustment needed before i'm to spray it though

Back to the top
great work, totally envious. wish i had somewhere to do mine. nice colour as well.

-z

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Underside looks totally mint. Bet you can't wait to finish her off now  :cool:

Back to the top
Amazing work. I wish I had the knowledge tools and skill to do this to mine.  

Love the yellow.

Back to the top
Cheers everyone for the positive comments :)Well after over a month without touching the car I have finally got my replacement door sprayed, door seals and glass fitted, bonnet fitted and got the car back to my house so hopefully I can start making progress again

Quick picture of the car on the trailer

Back to the top
good stuff. you have turned this around pretty quick. i have been keeping an eye on this as i started mine around the same time.

Back to the top

browner01 said

good stuff. you have turned this around pretty quick. i have been keeping an eye on this as i started mine around the same time.

Thanks. Yeah I've been good progress until recently when things out of my control meant I was unable to work on the car for around a month. But now I've got the car back I'm pleased to say i'm making progress again.

Back to the top
I've had to re-spray the underside due to yellow over spray from when the rest of the car was sprayed. I've also now fully seam sealed the underside and the engine bay and also sprayed some ares of the engine bay that were missed. Brake servo and steering rack have also had a refurb ready to fit.

Quick picture of the underside and some of the ares that have been repaired. Mark in the paint from trial fitting the axle will be re-sprayed

Any areas that got missed when spraying the car have been re-sprayed. I will get more pictures soon.

Back to the top
Looking good buddy.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Underside looks great  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Well haven't been able to update this for some time until now because of all the rain we've been having. After a week off work last week and no rain I got back on track. The plan is to have the car on the road by the end of this month / the begging of next ready for some shows. Due to wanting the car on the road for this summer certain jobs like rebuilding and painting the engine, putting the interior back to standard will have to wait until the winter. This was always going to to be a long term project to get things to a high standard and as exactly as I want them with an engine swap somewhere along the way but the priority at the moment is to get the car on the road for this summer whilst not cutting any corners as such.

Underside is now complete. Fully seam sealed and sprayed. New copper brake lines, Tank, axle (along with new poly bushes), suspension (new rear shocks and my -60/80mm springs swapped for some -20/25mm springs) (front wish bones refurbed) and handbrake cables all fitted and back on its wheels. All the door glass and seals have now been correctly fitted along with the wing mirrors, door handles (new drivers side), rear lights and started fitting the plastic clips for the side trim.

The loom, gear stick, handbrake handle and dash were then all fitted

Brake servo and steering rack refurbed, all grommets fitted, along with the header tank. Back off the engine bay was cleaned before fitting the engine.

The engine was then fully de-greased and fitting along with all the wiring, radiator and pipe work

I've probably missed certain details with all the work that's been going on and there are still bits and pieces to tidy up before the car is on the road but I will list these as I get to them, but  for now your get what I mean and can see the direction I am heading :)

Last edit: by mk1newbie

Back to the top
loved the thread mate, some great welding and to do it all yourself, kudos to you  :thumbs:

Back to the top
great work mate, im in the same boat as you. just trying to get stuff done to get it on the road.

Back to the top
Nice progress - good to see you're cracking on again with the rebuild.

Back to the top
slightly off topic but what size are your tyres on the black wheels?

195/45/15 ?

-z

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Glad to see your back on it mate, keep the updates coming

Back to the top
wow what a build car look very nice indeed

Back to the top
Love the colour

Vw golf 1980 cab (girlfriend's)
Vw T25 1.9dg auto hi-top autohomes camper
Alfasud 1.5ti green cloverleaf
Alfa 155 2.0 16v
Alfa 155 Q4 lhd 1 for 13 in uk
Alfa 155 2.5td lhd the only 1 in uk

Back to the top
Good luck with the rest of the project mate. It's looking very good so far. Keep the pics. coming.

Back to the top

i love a lemon yellow mk1 :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.