Skip navigation

Kamei Retro Racer mk1 build

Back to the top

Kamei Retro Racer mk1 build

i would guess they probably put the loom from a mk2 in then? as those plugs look to be 90 spec wiring.

In which case the above should still hold true, as the mk2 gti did have an mfa?  those senders only have 2 pins, signal and ground therefore if there are two signal wires then they'll feed 2 gauges.  Maybe it wasn't m.f.a, maybe they had a second temp gauge fitted and they wired it into the connector to make it look cleaner. It's how I'd do it.

Jon.

Back to the top
I love this car mate....cheeky question though...where did you get your body kit as I am desperately hunting for one... :)

Back to the top
Seems to be coming along well now!

Any more pics :D

Back to the top
Ryanmac the BergCup German bodykit was from a forum user on CGTI who makes them.

I haven't done much since it was moved to the lockup…

Thanks to "MK1-Tron" on CGTI for the new front VW badge  :D

Fitted the new Hella headlights but the headlight surround needs some kind of clip that goes into the sqare/oblong holes
 in the panel that the screw goes into
but nothing shows up on vw screen to see what it is????

Finished the engine wiring.

Also we bought a new house so we have been busy spending time designing the fixtures, fittings & finishing touches before
 the interior is built/fitted so not had much spare time to touch the car.

Back to the top
Do you know if he still makes the kit as I am desperate to get one........

Back to the top
as far as i know, try user "pol" on there.

Back to the top
Finally got internet back.

Car going to lockup:

Arrived (sorry blurry pic):

Headlights fitted:

Not done much else as Sue's dad got rushed in again into hospital so hoping it isn't related to his liver cancer….

He collapsed when he was in his kitchen with me 2 days ago

Was sorting the car out as he was asking to see it at the wedding but will go on hold now.

Back to the top
Just been reading this, Kiss ass car this is.... awesome man

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
cheers

Sourced some new boot rubber so bought & fitted it:

These are the holes in the VAG panel that line up where the plastic headlight surround screws should go:

Before fitting:

Top hole (approx 14mm wide x 6mm tall):

Bottom hole (approx 14mm wide x 17mm tall):

So i am missing some clips to fill the holes?????

Back to the top
It looks like your front panel is the same as the one on my Rivage. The bottom larger holes are for where the later cabby grill has 2 large squarish hooks in the corners to attach to:

As for the holes at the top, I went to my local main VW dealer and bought these ages ago:

They arn't wide enough but they do clip in and have sideways movement. I have the same problem as you, in that I wanted to put a earlier chrome trim grill on my late Rivage, the best I can do so far is to just screw the side bits in at the top using those small grey clips. Unfortunantly I can't find the part number.

Hope that helps,  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

RyanMac said

Do you know if he still makes the kit as I am desperate to get one……..

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=325480

Alfie

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
^ ^ ^your link doesn't work, i think you mean this one:

http://www.edition38.c…ndex.php?showtopic=324819

Back to the top
Just caught up with this… awsome build!… love it… When mines finished i'd be tempted to make mine like below since its a Richard Lloyd Racing Motor:

Back to the top
Cheers

Chat to Chris Eyre on CGTI about the above AKAI car as he used to own it iirc?

Back to the top
Very nice build  :D , What would be the specs on the motor, did it start lif as a 1.6 or a 1.8? Heron head or standard 1.8 8v head?

Snoopys Eurotune Autosport on FBook.

http://www.facebook.com/Sn00pyB0ttz#!/pages/Snoopys-Eurotune-Autosport/160536723976091

Contact me for parts you need but cant find!

Back to the top
started life as a 1.3 Driver

transplant engine would have been a 1.8 but built to a 2.1 at TSR with pack c head & lots of other bits.

not a full on race spec engine but still a strong reliable one when i was running it.

Back to the top
I picked up the bits for the grill fitment though when i picked up the stuff i recognised the metal clips for those large square holes by the headlights & went through my stuff & realised i had all the bits originaly the same time i got the front panel which was listed as a "fitting kit" from VW… Doh [LOL].

anyway here you go:

Back to the top
Mike it's looKing very good, I bet you can't wait to drive it again ;)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Well if you've got some spare mounting parts for the grill then i'll take them off you're hands to fit my early grill. Let me know what you want for them and we can go from there. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Wow. It looks good!
There are too many online users to list.