Skip navigation

here goes (KPV753V)

Back to the top

here goes (KPV753V)

its taken ages n heaps of head scratching , but here goes, given up on the series1 GTI theory cos it turns out to be a 1.3 LS, is ok cos it gives me scope to build what i want, engines lying about are 1600 EG code, 1600 EZ code and an 1800 PB, am not sure what colour to go wi yet , theres helios blue, alpine white and ford radiant red

ready for bodyshop

Back to the top
finally decided on engine , am using the 1800 PB on carbs with a 4 branch exhaust manifold, but not finally decided on the colour , alpine white or radiant red, suggestions welcome, theres only 3 litres of helios blue so that wont work. There will be a garage clearout comin soon so as i can get the painted shell indoors

Back to the top
VOILA, the engine, stripped the manifolds off it and thinkin i ought to do the head n clean the rest, it does run as ive heard it runnin in the mk2 donor car. 104k miles so should be fine

Back to the top
Carbs arrived today , twin 42 Webers, engine inside gettin a clean and check over , so far so good as theres no oil leaks or any other nasties, only gettin the bolt out of the bottom pulley was a lot of work n lost/sacrificed the plastic timing cover and V belt pulley in the process. Everything below the head gasket gettin flashed up wi a quick blast, etch coat n sprayed black , head having a good service, but leavin it stock. Should/could be ready for the painted shell comin back

Back to the top
good work mate
id definitley go with alpine white,altho i reckon candy white would be even better  :)

Back to the top
worst is the alpine white is already bought, so kinda narrows the choices on whites lol

Back to the top
Definatly go with the White! I like em slammed on bbs with a red trim grill and small bumpers, something like this

Back to the top
my others are both alpine white, so its tempting, although the roads here are a little rough for slamming

Back to the top

HOLES !!!!!

Back to the top

holes

That motor looks like its been open to the elements for quite a while! Has it been sat near the sea for a while?

Back to the top
everythings near the sea here unfortunately, is why the vw is such a popular car here, they last best. I have an EZ code engine thats bad there too

Back to the top
rethink, ive a 1600 EG and 4 speed box , and an 1800 DX n 5 speed all original set ups, should have most things to make it run , al use the DX i think as it runs ok and ive driven the series 2 it was in, alpine white wi GTI exterior trim, S2 grey stripe seats and S1 dash. god knows what to do with those carbs , maybe put em on the mk2

Back to the top

Johns been wrestling wi the rear end n got most of the atrocious state of it flattened out , the lower rear valence was beyond ecconomical straightening which is damn shame cos it was fresh, anyhow forwards progress is progress even if its not fast

Back to the top
woah getting there , wish i had that much room :D

mk4 golf gti with bora front end and lots more ,

mk1 gti project

Back to the top
thats johns place lol , mines is just a standard lock up , hopefully n fingers crossed the next pics will be in his spray bay

Back to the top
interesting build....defo watching the build

Back to the top
is a slow one , plenty time for a cuppa between updates lol

Back to the top
the body work n respray is happening as we speak, the traditional wipers that work are going back in probably assisted by a mk2 motor but we doin our best to get holesn brakets in the right places, John doin a sterling job

if Gavin Buxton stumbles on this thread, its still keeping the original passengers door , panels bein used are as seen in the pics , got a few leftovers  :roll:

Back to the top
pic i forgot to add

Back to the top
i know those wings!!!!!

looks great
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.