Skip navigation

Golf PD TDI Cabby

Back to the top

Golf PD TDI Cabby

rowan92 said

What are you using to clean the block?
Doing a good job mate keep it up :) looking forward to the progress

hot water and traffic film remover,comes up well,good cleaner and degreaser  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Re: driveway

jazman said

Hi mate. Your driveway looks great as well as your car. Is the driveway that concrete stamping stuff? If so could you give ma an idea of how much it costs for a driveway area like yours as im thinking of getting it done.

Ta

I paid 4k for the concrete to be done,its the pressed pattern stuff,it goes up the side of the garage too,he worked hard to do the drainage as there was previous concrete in the way,i was quoted more for tarmac  :|  im well pleased with the finish,and i can work on it without spoling it  :wink:

Bert

Back to the top
Were the linkages a direct fit mate? Or did you have to mod them?

Back to the top

rowan92 said

Were the linkages a direct fit mate? Or did you have to mod them?

if you mean the gear selector,i had to drill 4 holes to bolt it up,the mk1 hole is perfect,the polo selector fits straight in the hole,easy job
Bert

Back to the top
Awesome :), ive got a bora 6 speed so presume mines going to be bigger :( but will see, yours is gonna look wellwhen its done!

Back to the top
i went for the 5 speed as it was in the polo and its a smaller box and the mounts are avaliable off the shelf,save me messing  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top
6 speed is going to be a bit of a hassle, need different m,ounts again and custom shafts! the shifter housing can be used from a polo or seat ibiza with the 6 speed box, the internals are all the same its just the housing differs on the polo/seat so it fits the tunnel. the ibiza cables are different to polo, i assume the lengths are a bit longer. they're perfect for mk2 golf, not sure if ok for mk1. you may even have to use 6 speed cables anyway, if so they'll fit whatever shifter you end up with

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Cheers rubjonny, would you advise selling the box and linkages etc try find a polo setup such as berts then? Cheers

Back to the top
update,all front suspension back on,

got some new bits for engine,better flowing inlet manifold,6mm bigger bore new top old bottom

took top off engine to have a look at the full service history,thank god its been well serviced with the right oil

started cleaning the block but it wasnt too bad really,

stripped the front to fit mk1 engine mount,replace cam and crank seals,replace water pump and timing belt kit and generally clean it up

bert

Back to the top
keep it up burt, looking good !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

keep it up burt, looking good !

cheers fred  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top
Any updates bert

Some pics plz

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Looking good Bert.Keep up the good Work.:thumbs:

Back to the top
no updates,got bad dose of man flu,havnt left the house for a week,im not usually bad either :ninja:Bert

Back to the top
even with the man flu, looking good bert.

Back to the top
only small update,took steering rack off,stripped it cleaned it,new rack ends,boots etc,so ready to go back on,
took 8 le castellet wheels over to have them refurbed and finished off with a diamond cut face,they look good,will get photos asap :ninja:.
Bert

Back to the top
Get some pics up Bert.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Bertus, are the Le Castellet's 14's or 15's?

Back to the top

bouchay said

Bertus, are the Le Castellet's 14's or 15's?

14's bert they look good and suit the car
Bert

Back to the top
pics steering rack all done

inlet manifold fitted with new bolts and gaskets

cabby fuel pump modified to fit the polo diesel lift pump,cable ties to hold return pipe

Bert

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.