Skip navigation

Engine Detailing

Back to the top

Engine Detailing

Sorry jellybelly I miss understood! It's from Caswell's http://www.caswelleurope.co.uk/Zinblack.htm

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Fantastic result, you inspired me to get the 75 engine nice. Its not going to anything like as amazing as that but thanks for the tips etc.

Back to the top
Thanks guys. I'm happy I've inspired so many! :D

New down pipe painted in por-20

Fitted with new gasket

Horns cleaned and brackets zinc plated and reassembled

Fitted clutch and speedo cable and finished off with the cable ties. (changed them to black!)

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Fantastic thread, you should be proud of the inspiration you generate with this kind of dedication.

Top marks, come to the front of the class room..

Back to the top
^^^

Back to the top
WOW ! top job there m8 You'll win best engine for sure !! :D make sure you enter de show and shine next year

Back to the top

best engine bay

Just been through your thread, amazing Chris.
Looked even better in the flesh you should be so
proud of it.

Hope the headache went. :wink:

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..

Back to the top
Seen this engine bay and owner at the classic car show saturday its even more box fresh in the flesh.

real nice job well done pal

Back to the top
just lost for words, your a legend. every time i get fed up with my build ill have another look at this and stop being so bloody lazy! what an ispiration

Back to the top
Wow, just wow.
Some brilliant work, and some great detailing.
Alex

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
I have just read through this, its simply superb.

Back to the top
I think I have a problem, I can't stop looking at this thread..

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s

Back to the top
Amazing man  :notworthy:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Just read this thread through from start to finish - WOW - hat off to you mate, a lot of patience and attention to detail there - a stunning job!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

PS: u should get a life mate.. :mrgreen: (meant  in a good way though) :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Just read this thread from start to finish and its an inspiration! I've got a G60 engine to rebuild and wanted it to look like a factory install and this looks perfect.

Did you sandblast the parts yourself? All the parts I've started to clean I just can't get to a good base and wondered if you had any advice.

Back to the top
Any updates mates

Love it man… when can we meet you. Do you come to the berkshire meet

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Laughingboy said

Just read this thread from start to finish and its an inspiration! I've got a G60 engine to rebuild and wanted it to look like a factory install and this looks perfect.

Did you sandblast the parts yourself? All the parts I've started to clean I just can't get to a good base and wondered if you had any advice.

Thanks mate!

I cleaned the parts in hydrochloric acid diluted 2 parts water and 1 part acid. Then used a brass wheel on the end of a drill to shine them up before plating them.

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top

allana13 said

Any updates mates

Love it man… when can we meet you. Do you come to the berkshire meet

Thanks. Wanted to have the car on the stand at Stanford Hall, but it's full already!!

Will be having the car at TIPEC on the 5th June instead.

A little update…….

I never got round to finishing the battery terminals when I did the restoration! So here we go

This is how they look at the moment

Terminals and bolts are cleaned in Hydrochloric acid to chemically strip the old plating. Duck tape used to stop the wire from being plated underneath and then wired-up ready to be plated

Terminal and bolt in the plating bath

After 30 minutes of zinc plating they are removed from the electrolyte, rinsed in water, put into a blue passivate for 13 seconds and dried with a hairdryer

Finished terminals fitted to the car

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
spot on chris…  I'm just waiting for them kits to come back on ebay again then I maybe bugging you for advice :wink:
There are too many online users to list.