Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Glad to hear you got a nice agreed valuation mate, alot of time and cash been put into it.

I did ask the question about agreed valuations below but not had much response, be interesting to know if you get that as a payout no questions asked if you know what i mean

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=117036&highlight=agreed+valuation

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Yeah I know what you mean Rich.

Aslong as theres nothing been done to invalidate the policy there shouldnt be a problem.

Fingers crossed I never have to cross that bridge.

Back to the top
ceri, cars looking superb mate..  with the insurance agreed any idea what would happen if someone wrote you car off???  i.e another driver hit you? (their insurance to pay out)

cheers
Tony

Back to the top
ceri, cars looking superb mate.. with the insurance agreed any idea what would happen if someone wrote you car off??? i.e another driver hit you? (their insurance to pay out)

do you think it would then be our responsibility as the owners to push thier insurance company to match the agreed valuation we have on our own cars?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Thats a good question Tony.

Im going to phone my insurance people tomorrow to ask a few questions.

Back to the top
Had another busy day polishing the last 2 wheels.

Spent about 7 hours and there almost there.

They will need a little bit more but my shoulder was in agony  :(

Also fitted my new Rivage side decals which I had from Chortle and they look fantastic.

Excuse the poor phone pics.

Then I fitted my retro radio.

Car was dirty due to recent bad weather so quickly hosed it down.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
liking those Decals mate, really finish the car off…glad your pleased.

You should of got your other stuff by now too.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Carl im more than pleased with the decals.

The quality is 100%.

Received the new sticker kit today and the GTI one is a perfect fit and looks fantastic.

Cant thank you enough.

Back to the top
Refurbed all my badges a while ago using the kit from Chortle but had a few problems getting the right one for the grille GTI badge so I sent it off to Carl for him to take a look and not long after we got the right one.

Just need to give it a few coats of laquer to seal it in.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
Looks proper good chap! Well done B)

Back to the top
nice wana do one for me? :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Bouchay - cheers mate, its almost where I want it to be.

Richyhill - send us the bits and I will ;-)

You decided what your doing about Volksfest Wales yet Rich?

Back to the top
nice job on the grill badge! Ive been putting off doing my Karmann ones!

Back to the top
Karmann badges were the easiest ones.

Use the tape already on them to peel them all off, once the first bit is lined up there all done.

Back to the top
oh cool did you spray the badges satin black or gloss? I was think satin was more like the originals?

Back to the top
I tried satin first of all but didnt like the finish so done them all in gloss

Back to the top
Your car looks amazing - fantastic attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing it at the AGM.

Back to the top

watson said

Your car looks amazing - fantastic attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing it at the AGM.

Cheers mate, struggling to make the AGM due to finances.

Hopefully going for mot next week so its going down to the wire.

Back to the top
Finally got my agreed valuation sorted today

Back to the top
:-)

1.8T CABBY
There are too many online users to list.