Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

Re: Valuation service

My Rivage Restoration

Inka said

"no the club doesn't provide a valuation service"

This is a service that most car clubs offer, I'm sure it would be a great help to the members, is it something the club comittee could look at?

it is now in discussion :)

Banner

Back to the top

Re: Valuation service

jellybelly said

Inka said

"no the club doesn't provide a valuation service"

This is a service that most car clubs offer, I'm sure it would be a great help to the members, is it something the club comittee could look at?

it is now in discussion :)

That's good news, Thanks

Back to the top
Took the car back to BAS International in Cwmbran this morning to have a new rear tension cable fitted to the roof as I snapped the original one.

Once again there service was amazing and price was really good.

Looks like the weather is going to be nice sunday so the car should be fully detailed.

Back to the top
Looks like the weather is going to be nice sunday so the car should be fully detailed

:-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Well I thought I would have had everything done on the Rivage by now but things aint going to plan.

Couldnt have the paintwork detailed sunday just gone due to various reasons.

Thats now happening this sunday pending weather.

I dont see the car as much now due to it being kept at the inlaws.

Fitted the cream tonneu cover today and it looks fantastic, will look even better once all the seats are fitted.

Need to give it a good clean first tho.

Hopefully everything should be finished in about 3 weeks.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
really look forward to seeing it all done and in the flesh mate , best of luck with finishin the last few bits off, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Right then we are getting there now.

First of all, sorry for all the pictures, had to upload them all to photobucket at the inlaws house (im waiting for internet to be set up at my new house) and I can only view the links on my phone so dont know whats what.

Plus it was REALLY sunny today which made it difficult to get good shots.

A friend of mine Peter (Eclipse Auto Valet) turned up at 9:30 this morning for a day of paintwork detailing after the bodyshop mopped the car after its respray.

The roof was quickly cleaned and came up a treat.

Next are some pictures of the car during the detail (including some 50/50 shots of the bonnet)

There are LOADS more photos of the process but as I said above the sun was so bright it was a nightmare to take decent pictures.

Here are some shots I took afterwards.

The tonneu cover wasnt fully hooked in place and still needs a clean but it looks absolutly fantastic on the car.

Peter spend just over 8 hours refining the paintwork and as always his work was to the HIGHEST standard.

His attention to detail is greater than mine which sais a lot :-)

Over the next 2 weeks I will be :-

Repolishing my wheels.

Refitting all my refurbed badges.

Quick clean of the carpets and refit all doorcards ect.

Then the finishing touch will be my new Rivage decals courtesy of Carl (chortle)

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
looking great ceri, that shine is unbeatable, love it

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Chris.

The paint is fantastic now, couldnt have wished for it to come out any better.

Couple of tiny jobs left and it will be complete.

Back to the top
AWSOME!

top work mate, really hope you are happy with it.

It looks factory fresh mate and with the badges and decals on etc is gona look sweet.

im looking forward to seeing it

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hey Ceri… Only one word AWESOME.

Car looks amazing, the detail worked a treat. Top job and really looking forward to cating this at the agm. Not long to go now. Really well done and for having the patience to do it right. Top marks!

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

AWSOME!

top work mate, really hope you are happy with it.

It looks factory fresh mate and with the badges and decals on etc is gona look sweet.

im looking forward to seeing it

Rich

Cheers Rich.

Yeah im over the moon with it now.

Peter is fantastic at what he does.

I could see the car getting better & better throughout the day.

The decals and badges will make a big difference.

Back to the top

Shughy said

Hey Ceri… Only one word AWESOME.

Car looks amazing, the detail worked a treat. Top job and really looking forward to cating this at the agm. Not long to go now. Really well done and for having the patience to do it right. Top marks!

Cheers Hugh.

Really looking forward to the agm now.

I think ill be to scared to drive it now lol.

Its been a long time coming and it was touch and go at some points but its great to see it done.

Back to the top
I think ill be to scared to drive it now lol.

50 mph inside lane all the way to the AGM, dont want any paint chips :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Im sure I would cry if I picked up a stone chip Rich lol.

Will have to leave extra early for the show this year.

Back to the top
Lookin super shinny...hope you were pleased with the paint work....you do get what you pay for :wink:

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
fair play that looks stunning

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
WOW! Looks great.

Did the detail make a big difference to the paint from the way it looked fresh from the respray?

I'm contemplating getting mine done too as I'm sure it could be improved even further.

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top

Mortz said

Lookin super shinny…hope you were pleased with the paint work….you do get what you pay for :wink:

It does indeed mate.

Yeah im happy with it, even more so now its been detailed.

Have you had yours done?

Back to the top

arf333 said

fair play that looks stunning

Cheers mate.

Should be complete by next weekend.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.